We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of adjustable weights that'll help you gradually work on your lifting skills. With multiple weight levels (from 2.3 pounds to 4.5 pounds), you can give your biceps and deltoids the ultimate treatment during exercise sessions.
Each dumbbell weighs 2.3 pounds alone and comes with four weight blocks (each weigh 0.55 pounds). If you want to increase weight, it's so easy: just add a weight block to each side of the dumbbell and you'll be good to go!
Promising review: "I purchased these so I can do strength training at home. I wanted a set of simple, compact, adjustable weights. This fit my needs. I use one weight at a lower weight and the second one at the highest weight and this helps reduce the time in adjusting the weight during the workout. Overall I’m satisfied with the purchase." —G. Sanders
Get them from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in two weight sizes and four colors).
2. Or heavier adjustable dumbbells, if you're ready to level up your strength-training sessions. Lift between 2.5 pounds to 15 pounds with this set that'll be great for arm-focused workouts and easily fit in your home gym. No more using multiple sets anytime you're ready to break a sweat.
Promising review: "These are exactly what I needed. I can use the lighter settings for workout classes and I am building my strength with the 10-lb settings. I am looking forward to the point when that is too easy and I move up to the heavier weights. The system is easy to use, simple to switch between weights and was much less expensive than other brands. The handles are comfortable too." —LauraWin
Get a set of two from Amazon for $179.99.
3. Push-up handles so you can complete push-ups without straining your wrists. A superior grip and secure treads make it easy to move up and down and align your body, even if you're doing reps on a hardwood floor.
Promising review: "I have deteriorating cartilage in my hands and wrists, which makes pushups painful. The round comfort grips and putting my hands in a comfortable position make pushups pain free. Two sessions at this point with 200 push-ups as part of a home chest routine and no pain afterwards. Completely happy with my purchase. Highly recommend these." —Target Customer
Get a set of two from Target for $29.99.
4. An Obé Fitness membership if your home fitness routine needs a revamp. Choose from barre, cardio boxing, HIIT, sculpt, yoga, and more engaging workouts that'll make your living room feel like a live studio. You can participate in 10-minute express classes or 28-minute live classes. Plus, there are 7,000+ on-demand classes available at any time!
As a web- and app-based service, Obé Fitness can be accessed on a computer, smartphone, or TV. (Tip: Having a wider screen does make taking classes and watching instructors a bit easier.) Just use an HDMI cable to connect to your TV or launch Obé from the app using Airplay, Apple TV, or Chromecast.
My colleague Abby Kass uses Obé Fitness and said: "I started using Obé and then went back to my old at-home workout and switched back to Obé again because I realized I liked it so much. The classes are a great workout, yet the 28 minutes go by super fast, and I’m not counting down the minutes till it’s over. You don't technically need any equipment for the workout, but you can level up with simple equipment, such as a resistance loop, weights, and sliders." Read more of her Obé Fitness review.
Get it from Obé Fitness for $27+ (monthly, quarterly, and annual memberships available).
5. A 1-inch thick exercise mat that'll keep you comfy during workouts. Made with durable foam, this cushy essential feels nice to sit and stand on and it prevents you from sliding. Place this over the floor before your next yoga flow or 10-minute abs session.
This mat is great for anyone who lives in an apartment or studio, because it doesn't take up too much space and rolls up for easy storage. It also comes with a carrying strap, in case you'd like to take it to a gym or yoga studio.
Promising review: "I love my exercise classes, but I find that when we do floor work I have discomfort when laying on my side or sitting in certain positions on my bottom. I started googling to find a 'thicker than usual' workout mat and stumbled upon this one. I instantly noticed a difference the first time I used it. No more discomfort during floor exercises. The length is great — I usually keep my feet on the floor so I don't dirty the mat and I scoot to the end of it to do so, this leaves a ton of mat length left." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
6. Or a large exercise mat so you'll be covered for strength training and HIIT. Reviewers love it because it has a nonskid bottom, it's wide enough for different types of movement, and helps protect their floors. Plus, your neighbors won't hear you as much because it helps absorb shock from jumping jacks, burpees, and lifting weights.
This exercise mat is 6’ x 4’ and is 8.5 millimeters thick. It also comes with a 72"x 26" towel (goodbye, post-workout sweat) and a zippered case to store it in.
Promising reviews: "I love my mat for its large size and thickness. I no longer have knee pains after HIIT or low-impact whole body workouts. After over a month of use with my shoes on, I wipe it down and still looks new. This mat is also perfect for my yoga routines; wider than a regular yoga mat. It is a good investment for my home gym." —Luis L. Magdangal
"I live on the fourth floor in NYC and needed a workout mat that absorbs shock and doesn’t disturb downstairs neighbors. This mat is EVERYTHING!!! It is big, durable, and worth the purchase!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $139.97.
7. Resistance bands that are perfect for squats and won't roll up or snap mid-workout. These babies will stay in place on your thighs, thanks to anti-slip material and a body-hugging fit. Plus, you can work your way up from light, to medium, to heavy resistance!
Promising review: "I love the fact that these are nonstick and don't bunch up or down in your workouts. A huge peeve of mine was when the rubber resistance band twirled up or down during an exercise. These stay on you, but don't stick to your body, giving a more comfortable workout and performance. They're also thick enough to keep steady on leg raises or kickbacks." —Giuseppe Valentino
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $14.89 (available in three colors).
8. A mini Pilates ball so you can ~get to the core~ of your flexibility and balance challenges. This little tool will keep your abs engaged during leg lifts, spider triceps, and toe touches.
Promising review: "I wasn't sure what to expect, especially when I saw that I'd have to inflate this ball with a straw. It was remarkably easy to inflate (although it took a few tries to seal it without too much air escaping). It has the same look and feel of the Pilates ball that's used in the studio. It comes with a 'cheat sheet' and I do about 75% of the exercises. A nice addition to my home exercise routine." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.10 (available in three colors).
9. A jump rope with a digital counter that'll count skips during reps. You can also time jump sessions and see how many calories you burned. If you're ready to do double-unders and get your heart rate going, this small piece of equipment will be a big help.
Promising review: "I love how this jump rope has both a timer and a counter. This allows me to jump for a fixed length of time without having to check my phone. I usually jump for two minutes every set, and when the time is up the timer will beep to let me know, and then I rest for another minute before beginning another set. Also, it is difficult to keep counting when I am too exhausted from jumping, and I'm glad that the rope counts for me, so I don't have to worry about it." —Lynda
Get it from Amazon for $16.95 (available in seven colors).
10. Bone conduction headphones so you can comfortably listen to podcasts and playlists on hikes, runs, and walks. With six hours of battery life and an earbud-free design, you'll get to enjoy music and still be aware of your surroundings.
Other notable features of these cool headphones include quick control buttons (back-a-track, skip, pause, and play), the ability to seamlessly change between phone calls and music, and a water-resistant design. They also come with a USB-C charger, earplugs, and a portable bag!
Promising review: "I always have problems finding earbuds that don't fall out of my ears when I run, so these are amazing since they don't go inside my ears at all! I barely feel them on my head, they don't jiggle or move at all when I run, sound quality is pretty good, and I'm glad that I can still hear ambient noise around me while wearing. Highly recommend!" —REI Customer
11. A door anchor to make arm workouts more challenging. Place the ball end between the door and the frame, loop a long resistance band through, close the door, and you'll be ready to do lat pull-downs, tricep push-downs, seated rows, glute kickbacks, and more exercises.
12. A yoga mat with alignment lines, so you can make sure you have the right form and placement during your practice. It has ¼-inch thick padding and a grippy material to prevent you from sliding. Enjoy poses without second-guessing where your arms, legs, hands, and feet should be. 👏
Promising review: "Wow. Just wow. I came here to write a review because I’m so so happy. I’ve been looking for a yoga mat that was long enough for me (I’m 6 ft barefoot ), a mat that wouldn’t slip if I got sweaty, and a mat that is durable and won’t shred easily like the previous mats that I have owned. The markings for alignment are a huge bonus, as I’ve been really delving into my daily practice and working on forming an alignment. This is a feature that I did not know I needed, and I am so grateful it exists. This mat is also a lot more beautiful texture-wise than it even looks in the picture. It’s also very comfortable. It's not too thin and not too thick! For the first time today, I did not spill off of my yoga mat during Savasana :)" —Reya
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in nine colors).
13. And a yoga wheel to help you increase your mobility and strengthen inversions as your flow through your practice. It works to not only stretch your back but also release tension along your spine.
Promising review: "I absolutely love my UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel. Before I purchased, I researched many different wheels and decided to choose this one. Let me tell you, I am not disappointed. This wheel has assisted me in so many yoga poses and has helped me to even strengthen my inversions. I am also a private yoga instructor and this wheel even assists me in my classes; whether beginner or advanced, this wheel serves an amazing purpose every time." —Jahnee
Get it from Amazon for $41.97 (available in 14 colors and two lengths).
14. A pack of dumbbell exercise cards that'll mix up your indoor training routine with weighted planks, thrusters, and shoulder presses galore. You'll never know what's coming up next in the deck and your arms, legs, and core will be like, "Hello, where have you been all my life?"
Not about dumbbells? No worries, because there are other exercise card decks that focus on bodyweight movements, gym equipment, and resistance bands.
Promising review: "I bought these to get some new ideas to mix up my gym routine. I got a lot of new ideas from these cards. Some were reminders of ones I already know, but there are a bunch of really interesting ones that I've been mixing in. The countless combinations you can create is making my workouts more fun and motivating." —Paisley
Get it from Amazon for $17.97 (available in 19 volumes).
15. A no-slip leather medicine ball to work your core beyond regular crunches. This weighted piece of equipment can help strengthen your abs and arms at the same time. You can try twisting side to side with it *or* adding it in with your next set of push-ups.
Promising review: "I have been using this ball for core and upper body training four days a week. It has held up just fine over three months, even as I have used it to support my weight in push-ups and similar exercises, and has proven to be an economical way to work strength training into my routine. It won't bounce, if that is what you are looking for, but otherwise is worth the price." —Ray S
Get it from Amazon for $31.11+ (available in eight colors and different weights, from 4–22 pounds).
16. A compact, foldable treadmill so you don't have to cancel cardio workouts if it's raining outside. Run with the riser up or switch it down if you want to walk. It also doesn't make a lot of noise, so your neighbors won't hear every step you take.
Promising review: "The shipping took a little while but the company was very responsive. The treadmill is everything I was looking for in a small foldable treadmill to have in an apartment. It works for my girlfriend and for me to be able to either walk while watching TV or if we use it for full workouts to walk and jog. It is very quiet and has been a lifesaver during a time when we are not able to use a public gym." —George
Get it from Amazon for $379.99 (available in six colors).
17. Or a Treadly 2 Pro that'll help you get your daily steps in and track your activity with an app. The handrail on the machine can be raised or lowered, meaning you can walk, jog, or even run while staying in the same place. And when you're done, just slide it under your bed.
I've been jogging almost daily on this treadmill, and it's been a big help when it's raining or snowing outside. You can walk or jog up to 5 mph, move the handrail up or down (and yes, this means you can walk on the treadmill even with the rail *all the way down on the floor* for workouts), *and* track your daily progress in the Treadly app. Walking and running on this treadmill feels the same as other treadmills I've tried in the past (minus 'the up to 5 mph' feature). What I love about that speed limit though is that it helps me focus on my form when I'm jogging or walking. I'm being mindful of each step and not rushing, so I really enjoy using it for workouts. It's 3.7 inches tall and weighs as little as 77 pounds, making it fairly easy to move around. With two front-support wheels and a folded handrail, it doesn't take too much effort to place it in a corner or stow it away under a piece of furniture, but moving it did require a little work, since I don't have much floor space between my bed and closet. You can read my full review of the Treadly 2 Pro here.
Get it from Treadly for $749+ (available in two styles).
18. A Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure game because you can high-knee, jog, and sprint through a fantasy world where you exercise to defeat enemies. With an interactive Ring-Con and leg strap, you'll complete different movements to jump over obstacles and fire projectiles in the game. This could be a fun alternative to walking around your block for the hundredth time.
This set comes with a Ring-Con, leg strap, and Ring Fit Adventure game that's compatible with the Nintendo Switch. Just place a JoyCon in both the leg strap and Ring-Con (both track your movements throughout the game!), slip on the leg strap, hold the Ring-Con, and you're good to start playing!
BuzzFeed editor Heather Braga loves using this game to work out and said: "I've also been using this game as a way to supplement my trips to the gym. This may seem like a childish adventure from Nintendo, but JEEZ within moments I'm sweating my butt off. To move through each level you have to physically run in place and each time you 'battle' an enemy you have to do 15 reps of an exercise of your choosing. It's so fun I don't realize I'm working out until the game reminds me to take a break and have some water." Read more of her full Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure game review.
19. A doorway pull-up bar that'll let you complete crunches, sit-ups, and pull-ups in basically any doorway indoors. You can install it higher or lower on a doorway for the exercises you want to do. There are also removable hand grips, so you won't be sliding and slipping in between reps.
Promising review: "This is the only bar I found that would work for my 37-inch doorway, which is wider than usual, and too wide for most standard doorway pull up bars. I weigh 170 pounds, and the bar does not bend, even if I do pull ups with both hands in the center of the bar. The rubber covers are easily moveable, as they come with velcro. The bar stays rock solid in place if you use the two end-frames that come with it." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two styles).
20. A punching bag set because you need a healthy stress outlet *and* a workout that'll get your arms in amazing shape. It even comes with gloves, so you can easily create your own boxing setup in your bedroom or living room.
Promising review: "This is great for stress relief and I get a good cardio workout. I don’t think heavy hitters would get a good workout from this, however my husband did punch it will all his might and the bag did not fly off, so that’s good. I’m going to try using it as a target during my cardio boxing classes instead of just punching the air. I do have to tighten the pole every now and then but it’s a small price to pay for a good workout. —KB
Get it from Amazon for $59.92.
21. Or Quiet Punch — a portable and smart punching bag that requires minimal space to set up and use. It's made to fit in any doorway in your living space, so you can get in a quick boxing session without having to dedicate an entire corner or room for workouts.
The Quiet Punch fits in doorways between 28" and 36", and it has the option to be bought with or without a Quiet Punch Tracker.
Here's how the Quiet Punch Tracker works: it attaches to the back of the smart punching bag and connects to the Quiet Punch App, so you can keep track of the power of your punches and how many you complete during a workout.
Just starting out? No worries, because you'll get access to the Quiet Punch Play app that'll give you 100+ hours of on-demanding training and 5- to 30-minute workout routines.
Promising review: "This saved me during quarantine, and I continue to use it frequently. Living in a small apartment, I find it hard to find any type of boxing equipment. This fits perfectly, and I like that you can easily take it with you. I love the lunchtime Zoom class and the prerecorded classes, but I also love just practicing and getting out all of my frustrations. Highly recommend this to anyone who likes boxing." —randi s
Get it from Quiet Punch for $350 (originally $449; also available without a tracker).