1. Lionsgate announced Friday that Julianne Moore has been cast in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 and Part 2.
Official! Please welcome Julianne Moore as President Alma Coin to the cast of @TheHungerGames: Mockingjay Parts 1&2
2. She will play Alma Coin, the cold, calculating president of District 13 and leader of the rebellion against the Capitol.
3. Here’s how Katniss Everdeen describes President Coin in Mockingjay:
She’s fifty or so, with gray hair that falls in an unbroken sheet to her shoulders. I’m somewhat fascinated by her hair, since it’s so uniform, so without a fall, a wisp, even a split end. Her eyes are gray, but not like those of people from the Seam. They’re very pale, as if almost all the color has been sucked out of them. The color of slush that you wish would melt away.
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of anti-government protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- U.S. President Barack Obama literally dropped the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸
- And NASA is building an $18 billion rocket to nowhere. The agency is more about jobs on the ground than exploring space, critics say 🚀💰