33 Simple Things That'll Have A Meaningful Impact On Your Day-To-Day
Turns out that door draft stopper will keep you the perfect temp and far less annoyed by your roommate who's on the phone all day.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Small cable clip organizers you can stick on as you please because there's no need to see OR trip over the your phone charger cord every time you stand up to fill up your glass of water.
2. Light-blocking curtains that'll keep your bedroom (or any other room!) as dark as you want. Plus they'll help maintain your ideal indoor temp!
3. And a ~streamlined~ door draft stopper to keep gusts from coming in under the door. It'll just look like a natural part of your door so other decor design choices (like that cute welcome mat) can shine!
5. A over-the-door laundry hamper to get those discarded PJs and undies off the bathroom floor. Raise your hand if you've ever tripped on your or a loved one's dirty underwear ::raises both hands::
6. A set of stove burner covers to help you catch the mess right away on gas stovetops. Or just cover up some chipped or sorry-looking stovetops. (I live in a rental with a white gas stovetop that def has some unsightly chips on it, so I can relate!)
7. A nine-pack of reliable nonscratch sponges — they'll make serious work on your nonstick pans with coating you don't wanna compromise. Stuck-on messes, be gone!
8. A pack of lemon-scented toilet bombs you simply drop into the towel bowl, wait for it to dissolve, then just give a lil' scrub with your toilet brush.
9. An over-the-door cabinet organizer so you won't have to stare at a pile of hairstyling tools every time you go to brush your teeth. You'll be locating your hair dryer in record time!
10. A silicone soap tray with plenty of ~tasteful~ draining space so the bottom half of that fancy soap your aunt gave you for Secret Santa that you're finally using won't become useless goo.
11. A broom and mop organizer you can mount on a closet wall for a tidy "after" so you won't worry about an avalanche when you open that door. You know what I'm talking about. Ok it doesn't look simple with everything on it. But that mere row of hooks is ~magical~.
12. Odor-blocking trash bags to buy another day here or there before you take out the trash. Take it from me, a lazy person. These work.
13. A wood scratch cover you can use to help cover up dings and discoloration on door frames and molding so everything will blend in like normal. Also, it requires no sanding or refinishing! Cue to you on the prowl for more wood surfaces you can fix up.
14. And wood repair markers to hide smaller scratches on your fave furniture. We love a repair instead of a replacement product!
15. A laundry-detergent drip catcher to help salvage some of that precious goo, so you can go a tad bit longer in between shopping trips.
16. Pimple patches that'll attack blemishes that pop up by sucking out the gunk without irritating your skin around the blemish like drying treatments. Keep a pack of these in your bathroom and you'll be set!
17. A luxe-looking mousepad with a metal finish for smooth movement that'll perk up a lackluster home office — even if that home office is the couch or your bed.
18. An eye compression mask to block out every last bit of light in your bedroom while feeling soft against your skin. (BTW, it was designed by an orthopedic surgeon to help relieve migraines, tension headaches, sinus pain, and eye strain.)
19. A set of satin pillowcases I personally swear by for keeping my hair and skin moisturized (vs. cotton pillowcases). Plus! They're super soft and look glam.
21. A set of wool dryer balls that'll be a wonderful effective alternative to fabric softener sheets or liquid that can cause some serious buildup on machines.
22. A cushy lumbar pillow you can position as its name implies or use to elevate your knees or feet. TV watching just leveled up.
23. A wooden lap desk you can use for inhaling some pancakes, reading, or binge-watching on your laptop. I own this and it was my 2020 WFH MVP, hands down. (It's likely to get the 2021 title too.)
24. Suspenders for your sheets that are exactly how they sound so no matter how much you toss and turn, your fitted sheet won't pop you in the face in the middle of the night when it comes loose. It happens! I know!
25. A brown sugar saver disguised as an adorable terra-cotta bear that baking fiends *might* be sad they didn't know was a thing 'til now.
26. A dishwasher magnet so everyone in the house is on the same page about whether it's OK to eat off a plate that's in the dishwasher.
27. A Squatty Potty which, if you don't already know what it does, helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.)
28. A Beard King trimmings catcher that'll make cleaning the bathroom sink SO much easier if you can convince your currently bearded bae to actually use it.
29. Safe grabs silicone mats for putting a safe barrier between hot things and important stuff, like your hands, in so many situations.
30. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo that'll target residue from all that dry shampoo you have built up in your hair so your scalp with truly feel clean. I get it. Really.
31. A sharp bed skirt to coordinate with your bedding while masking the horror show underneath your bed. Trust me! I use one to mask my own underbed storage area.
32. Plus some adjustable bed risers that'll buy you 3, 5, or 8 inches of extra space for stashing all sorts of stuff under that bed.
33. A boot tray to help bring some order to your entryway where your family kicks off their muddy, dirty shoes as soon as they walk in the door. *Or* you can use it to contain the mess of pets' food and water bowls!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.