52 Practical Things For Your Bathroom You Probably Won't Regret Buying
No more toilet room regrets, folks.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A shower curtain liner with mesh storage pockets I love and will buy for as long as it's a thing I can buy. Maybe you'll feel the same way too once you realize you can stash SO MANY things in it.
Yep, you're looking at my shower! I upgraded from a corner tension rod caddy and never want to go back. The mesh pockets drain water so your liner won't get all icky. And they make it easy to tell the difference between the minimalist packaging for your face wash and shave cream when it's way too early in the morning. Read my ~full review~ (#2) to learn more about why I'm in love with an object that can't love me back.
Get it from Amazon for $18.67.
2. And double shower curtain hooks for the simplest of switches to make you wonder how the heck you weren't using these before! Now you can throw back that shower curtain in the morning with zero snags.
That was me. I detest loop shower rings because they're such a hassle when you're swapping out a shower liner or taking down your shower curtain to wash it. Yep, these are my shower hooks and they're sturdy enough to stay balanced when you switch out the liner or shower curtain.
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $5.58+ (available in five finishes).
3. Plus a curved shower curtain rod so you don't have to worry about the shower liner creepily touching you while you're just trying to get clean.
Promising review: "Much to like about this. Its curved structure gives significant amount of space and elbow room inside the shower. It is firmly attached to the wall at both ends with screws — so it will not move or slide down like tension/spring loaded rods. Gorgeous Bronze Finish. Recommend using plastic shower curtain rings versus metal ones in order to keep the bronze finish from getting scratched. Also found that the plastic rings are much lighter, making it noticeably easier to open and close the shower curtain." —JumboJim
Get it from Lowe's for $44.98+ (available in three finishes).
4. A MakeUp Eraser that'll remove your day's face with *just* water. Say goodbye to ruined, mascara-stained washcloths!
I've used these for years and LOVE them. My normal day of makeup includes long-wearing foundation, and waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and these work! But don't just listen to just me. We tested them out for BuzzFeed Reviews and they won out for the best makeup remover in our mid-tier price category. But they're incredibly cost-efficient in comparison to disposable makeup wipes, as you can wash each for up to 1,000 washes.
Get it from Amazon for $20.
5. A TubShroom for clearing recently departed strands out of your shower drain sooo much faster.
Sorry not sorry, but I'm also obsessed with this product! I have thick, long hair and have lived with other people with a lot of hair. This thing is totally game-changing! If you don't believe me (EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULD), check out the below:
Promising review: "I have a blue heeler who sheds like a wild beast. Before I had the TubShroom my bathtub would clog every time and I'd have to go buy Drano. Now I don't have to worry about that at all. This thing really does stop all hair, I am so surprised at how awesome this inexpensive product is. I would highly recommend this product to all pet owners or you Bigfoot-type folk." —Amazon Customer
6. And a SinkShroom to magically catch all sorts of stuff before it clogs up your bathroom sink. (Yes I shed into my bathroom sink all the time too.)
Promising review: "We are old and losing hair! Amazed at how much hair was kept from clogging up the drains. I have one in the bathtub drain and one in the sink." —Susanne
Get it from The Grommet for $16.95 (available in two colors).
7. A ~ghost-like~ Squatty Potty that'll help you position yourself (and your colon) properly for some major #2 efficiency. Now this is a haunting you want!
ICYMI, this product first became famous when it appeared on Shark Tank. And people at BuzzFeed adore it. Check out our review of the Squatty Potty.
Get it from Amazon for $77.40.
8. Poo-Pourri to spray beforehand and eliminate odors in the toilet bowl because nature has to call, but it doesn't have to stay on the line.
This stuff WORKS. Trust me. Once you start using it you'll be hooked!
Promising review: "We are a family of six in a small one-bathroom house. This is, to put it lightly, a horrific nightmare — particularly after my teenage son spends some time in the bathroom. After a couple of weeks of gentle encouragement ('YOU ARE KILLING EVERYONE. SPRAY THAT STUFF ON THE WATER BEFORE YOU POOP OR I'M TAKING AWAY YOUR PHONE AND, SO HELP ME GOD, I WILL CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND TELL HER EXACTLY WHY YOU GOT IT TAKEN AWAY.') he started using it regularly. The bathroom is much less disgusting now after he leaves." —Supa D
Get it from Amazon for $9.32 (available in several sizes and scents).
9. Or if you're not into the idea of a pre-spray, an odor-neutralizing candle made for pet-filled homes that'll also do some heavy duty work on bathroom smells.
10. A waterproof toothbrush holder that'll easily grip onto tile, glass, or mirror surfaces (aka, most anywhere in your bathroom) so you're never accidentally knocking your toothbrush in the shower or toilet.
Promising review: "Use this on interior medicine cabinet door. Works great! Wanted to save space on my shelves and not use a toothbrush holder plus the standing tube. Able to use all shelf spaces if organized appropriately. Also, this highly discouraged guests from leaving their toothbrush since it comfortably really only fits one brush and tube. Wish there was another side spot for my floss! Size is great! Would be cool to have a small 90-degree hood/lip on the top for prevention of dust. #germaphobe" —A review that counts
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (also available in black).
11. Shower curtain holders to keep water inside the shower instead of all over your bathroom floor.
Promising review: "Thought these would be silly, but they are great. Have a lot of trouble with leakage around my tub when I shower. Tried double liners and magnets but curtain still blows enough to leak onto the floor and from there through the ceiling of the dining room downstairs thanks to an infinitesimal gap between flooring and wall. I was desperate, so I gave these a try. Problem solved. Liner stays tight against the tile and can be freed for cleaning." —D Polsky
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $7.99.
If you're a renter, it's a good idea to adhere these with water-resistant removable strips instead. Get a four-pack from Amazon for $4.28.
12. An over-the-tank holder with enough room to hold super-sized rolls.
Please don't make me explain *why* it's good to have a spare roll of toilet paper by your side. Also be sure to measure your toilet tank before you hit Buy because some reviewers say this doesn't fit because they didn't measure before purchase!
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in three finishes).
14. 100% bamboo toilet paper in case you feel bad about what you've been using on your behind. Its three plys are sustainably made *and* it's available on a subscription basis so you don't have to worry about running out.
These rolls are made from tree-free, 100% bamboo paper with zero plastic packaging (even the tape!). They're also free of inks, no dyes, and BPA. This is a Black-owned business with a model that partners with SOIL in Haiti to provide toilets and remove waste from communities. SOIL (safely!) treats collected waste and turns it into compost that's sold to support agriculture, reforestation, and climate change mitigation efforts in Haiti.
Get 24 rolls from Reel for $37.99 (available as a one-time buy or a subscription model every 4, 8, or 12 weeks).
15. A bidet attachment that'll make you rue the day you started buying wet wipes in the pursuit of cleanliness instead of installing one of these babes.
Check out BuzzFeed's full Tushy bidet review.
Promising review: "Life-changer. No more clogged toilets, plumber visits due to wipes creating issues, endless 'paperwork' sessions...just an all around upgrade that has increased my confidence in my cleanliness no matter how formal or intimate the rest of the day may be!" —Nick S.
Get it from Tushy for $99 (originally $129.99; available in three colors and five knob colors).
17. Quick-dry towels you'll be so glad you bought for your poorly ventilated bathroom.
These won our budget pick for the best towels on BuzzFeed Reviews. Why are they so great? They're quick-drying AND absorbent thanks to the surface area of the yarn being more open than on other towels at the same price point.
Get a three-piece set from Amazon for $13.37 (includes a wash cloth, bath towel, and hand towel, available in eight colors).
18. A soft linen robe you'll have a hard time convincing yourself to trade in for regular clothes.
Magic Linen is a family-owned brand based in Lithuania that also sources its materials from other locally based family-owned brands. Also, MagicLinen takes custom orders!
Promising review: "Generous wrap, beautifully made, and the linen’s a perfect weight for cool New England mornings. Sensibly designed hemline, a bit shorter in front, means no stepping on the robe when climbing stairs. Softens a bit with washing. Real side pockets hold a cellphone securely. Loops for the belt are substantial. So glad I found it!" —Patrice M.
19. An anti-slip shower mat because you don't need another close call thanks to the super moisturizing hair mask you love that always greases up your tub. Trust me, this has happened several times to me.
This mat is machine-washable, anti-bacterial, and latex-, phthalate-, and BPA-free.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 18 colors).
20. An easy-install safety grip as an extra hand for getting in and out of the tub when you don't want to commit to a permanent grab bar.
Can be used on tub surfaces and shower walls. Simply press the tab levers to securely attach.
Promising review: "After slipping in the shower on several occasions, it was time to look for some sort of assistance. My initial thought on these suction cup products was, were they really going to be able to hold my 185 lbs. after grabbing them for leverage to help prevent another slip and fall? SHOCKED!! Not only was I shocked at the gripping capacity of these suction cups, but being so simple to move around is a big plus. It took a couple of adjustments to find the perfect spot for me which would have been a mess using a permanent grab bar. Would and have recommended these to anyone needing that extra help in the shower or anywhere else there's a smooth surface for the suction cups to adhere to. Great for the grandkids too because of the ease at which they can moved at anytime!" —Kokomo Mike
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
21. A Burst Oral Care electric toothbrush your dentist will be so proud you finally started using.
What's included: A Burst Sonic Toothbrush, toothbrush head (with charcoal bristles that'll keep your teeth pearly white), USB wall adapter, and USB charging base. A travel case is sold separately.
Promising review: "My teeth are so clean they squeak now! I would eat off of my own teeth if they were a floor and my food fell on them! That's how clean they are! I wish everything was as clean as my teeth feel!" —Lisa D.
Get it from Burst Oral Care for $69.99+ (available in three colors).
22. And while we're on the subject, a water flosser to do the dirty work of flossing you always "forget" to do. This is how to get that just-left-the-dentist clean that every toothpaste commercial promises. Really.
This flosser was awarded the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance. Has 10 pressure settings, 7 water flossing tips, and 90 seconds of water capacity.
Promising review: "I purchased two of them for my daughter and husband and they love it. They both have braces and have a hard time flossing so their orthodontist recommended a Waterpik to help. I found this one and it had good reviews so I tried it. This product worked so well for them and it's so easy to use. Since using this their orthodontist gave both of them great reviews. On their last cleaning and checkup the dentist told them they see a huge improvement. She told them to keep using it because it's working well for them. I highly recommend it to anyone with braces. 😬👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 The only thing I don't like is that there is no case for the other attachments. I'd like to be able to put them up or hang them up." —Charles & Rosanna Kaelble
Get it from Amazon for $69.95+ (available in 10 colors).
24. A countertop organizer in case you don't have a medicine cabinet or could use some more space to corral your cotton swabs and rounds.
Promising review: "Fits nicely on my sink, doesn't overwhelm the space. I'm the only one who uses it, cotton swab area fits about two travel sizes." —Anonymouse from US
Get it from Wayfair for $12.88.
25. A set of stainless-steel and glass soap dispensers that'll be great for the sink but'll look even better when you decant your shower products into them.
Promising review: "I purchased these to use as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers. I wanted our shower to look like a spa! They are great quality and many people I know have copied our idea, so they are a hit! Very high quality, the plunger part is always the most important part. These are metal and not plastic, something which seems to be hard to find when looking for dispensers." —Rebecca Morea
Get set of two from Amazon for $13.99.
27. A medicine cabinet supply kit to keep you fully stocked (that's even the name of the kit!). No more piecing together which things are running out and could use a refill in your family's stash.
Includes a 6- to 12-month supply of allergy relief, pain and fever reducer, sleep aid, daytime cold and flu, and hand cleanser sprays.
Promising review: "I purchased the Fully Stocked Kit during the pandemic as my loved one has a pre-existing condition and I live in fear because of this virus. I was looking for medications to have on hand and was finding them sold out or places price gouging for what they had available. Then I found Cabinet. They had EVERYTHING we needed. The cost was even more reasonable than before this crisis and I got everything I needed in one shot. Now if my loved one gets sick I have all I need in one place and I surely know where to come back to when I need more. I will be telling everyone about this company. " —Debbi K.
28. A under-sink expandable organizer — it'll help you fit in all the essentials in an orderly fashion.
Promising review: "I moved again and needed to have a more organized bathroom cabinet. My OCD prevented me from just letting go and being messy. Any-who, I love this shelving unit! Very easy to put together and install. Remember to assemble the bottom bars first, then one of the top bars. Measure and gauge the unit in the cabinet first before assembling the last bar. I had more than enough room for my things after the shelf was placed. I don't have anxiety issues every time i open my cabinet now.... Smiles!" —Roxysgarden
Get it from Amazon for $21.73+ (available in two finishes).
30. A *hidden* plunger and brush set in case you can't stand to look at the thing that unclogs your toilet.
Promising review: "Ignore all the negative reviews posted. This was used in toilets that had previously taken up to one week to unblock and worked to clear them immediately. The plastic suction cup and handle are very sturdy. The brush should be used after the plunger. Watch the manufacturer's video. Purchased as a welcome change from white toilet brushes that have to be thrown away. Pleasantly surprised. Buy it!" —Jessica Smith
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in three colors).
32. A motion-activated toilet light so you won't have to fully disrupt your sleep by turning the overhead light on during a 2 a.m. bathroom trip.
It fits on any toilet bowl, and has 16 colors, five brightness levels, and a 170 degree radius.
Promising review: "At first I thought that the idea of an illuminated toilet bowl was funny. However, given the choice of an illuminated toilet bowl, turning on the light, or missing, an illuminated toilet bowl is a great idea. This unit is much better than the first I used because there are no suction cups (which never stay attached) and it use AA batteries instead of AAA, and it has a five-level dimmer for middle-of-the-night eye comfort." —William D.
Get two from Amazon for $19.99.
33. Frosted glass window film to lend some privacy for windows without taking up the space of curtains.
36. A bright (but great!) razor you can get on a subscription basis so you're never caught settling for an irritating, dull blade.
I use Billie razors (and shave cream and lotion), and love them. They just feel nice in your hand and are bright enough to spot in the shower before I put in my contacts. (My vision is bad.) Oh, and you can mount the magnetic handle to your shower wall!
Get a starter kit from Billie for $9 (includes the razor handle, magnetic holder, and two five-blade razor cartridges).
37. A toilet paper holder shelf that'll give you a place to put your phone that isn't teetering on the edge of your bathroom sink.
Promising review: "This is a great product! I live in a house where one of us prefers the TP roll stay on the spindle. While the other would rather hold the TP in his hand to unwrap. Now everyone is happy!😀. The 'cell phone' holder doubles as a great acoustic addition if you are going to place a Bluetooth speaker on the shelf. My music was slappin as I cleaned the bathroom LOL. I will say this, it's best to have an extension piece for your drill, or a long screwdriver. Or installation will take longer than it should." —Constance Mayaki
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
38. Or perhaps an outlet shelf to create some storage space for an electric toothbrush or electric shaver out of thin air!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this thing! I have much less clutter on my sink thanks to this. If there's anyone not sure if it will fit due to an object, all you need is 1-1/4 inch of space between the edge of your existing outlet plate and the piece of furniture. I have a GFCI with a standard wall plate." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.95 (available in three colors).
39. A sandalwood all-purpose cleaner concentrate to make your water closet smell like it belongs in a 5-star hotel penthouse suite.
Good Vibes is a Black woman-owned small business run out of Philadelphia, PA, that makes an array of plant-based cleaning products. The product itself is very soapy, so be sure to dilute it properly before going to town on all of your surfaces. You can also use it as a laundry booster or spot cleaner for clothes or carpet.
Promising review: "All the Good Vibes products work well, this is my favorite scent. I use it mostly for cleaning bathrooms and the floors throughout my home. It did an amazing job, however, cleaning the outside of a car that hadn't been washed in over a year. Two thumbs up!!" —my favorite
Get it from Good Vibes for $10.
40. A heat-resistant mat for hot hair tools to transform any old surface into a spot that's AOK to park your hot-as-Hades curling iron.
And this curls up around your hair tool to create a protective barrier for travel! I own this and have next to nothing when it comes to surface area in my bathroom, so I let my straightener heat up on this on top of my toilet. Don't judge!
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (also available in gray).
41. And a timed safety shut-off plug in case your holy grail hair straightener doesn't have an auto-shutoff and you're a tad forgetful.
No more turning the car around because you don't remember unplugging your straightener.
Promising review: "Best ever. I just have to press the button and it auto turns on and shuts off after 30 minutes. I'm constantly forgetting to turn off my hair straightener so this is preventing house fires and saving electricity, yay! I originally was worried 30 minutes is too little time to do my hair and was looking for a one-hour version but it turns out 30 minutes is actually more than enough. And it really isn't that bad if I need another 30 minutes and have to press the button again LOL. I no longer worry about setting my house on fire from leaving on my hair straightener so I highly recommend." —AoiMizuno
Get it from Amazon for $11.59 (available in three timer types).