39 Gifts For For The Most Practical Person You Know
Practical gifts are the best gifts. Go ahead, fight me!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An odor-neutralizing candle that'll be better than any OTHER candles for folks who live in multiple pet households. Or non-pet people!
2. And Poo-Pourri — it can APPEAR like a gag gift but will turn out to be the most useful thing in a bathroom (aside from toilet paper and indoor plumbing). Did someone say "stocking stuffer?"
3. An iced tea tumbler so they'll serve up the tea *and* drink it while they're going on about their day.
4. A minimalist planner for folks who are already overwhelmed by the mere mention of bullet journaling but still need to stay organized on paper.
5. A *buzzy* electric toothbrush that won't break the bank and that their dentist will be very glad you bought for them.
6. And a water flosser for anyone who has braces, crowns, or who just really hates flossing but is tired of being on the receiving end of their dentist's wrath.
7. A sleek canvas diaper bag with a matching pouch and an easy-to-clean changing pad that'll go with everything. Aka, it'll be one less thing to think about when they're caring for a tiny human!
8. Shittens — aka some mitten-like cleaning wipes any new parent may break down and happy cry upon unwrapping.
9. A drawer full of clothing essentials for the person who's constantly wearing holey undershirts and/or socks. Eep.
10. And a Bombfell gift card so they can step up their fashion game with the help of stylist-selected pieces, even if they refuse to wear anything you pick out for them.
11. A brown sugar saver disguised as an adorable terra cotta bear that baking fiends *might* be sad they didn't know was a thing 'til now.
12. A wind-resistant umbrella that won't end up in the graveyard of warped umbrellas that failed them during soggy gusts.
13. A travel pillow even frequent flyers who pack light and have sensitive skin will find room to bring along on their next adventure.
14. Stylish glasses with built-in lenses that'll help lessen eye strain for someone who looks at a computer screen all day... and then scrolls through Instagram for an hour before bed every night. (It me!)
15. A temperature-regulating hygro cotton comforter that also has moisture-wicking powers, making it perfect for your bedmate who never seems to be at the right temp.
16. A sensitive skin–safe beauty set for anyone who's just getting into a skincare routine and isn't sure where to start.
17. A Ninja blender people who adore smoothies and other blended concoctions swear by... and they will too!
18. Gorgeous measuring cups to not only look lovely in Insta flat lays, but also come in handy with their hook-able handles, and etched measurements that won't fade in the wash.
19. A luxe-looking blanket they can use to protect their couch from the dog, or just snuggle up in for some serious winter hibernation!
20. Stone drink coasters that'll be so pretty, guests will barely register that they're *even more* practical because they're absorbent!
21. A cool-touch tea kettle perfect for the tea obsessive who's always losing their oven mitts.
22. A tangle-taming brush any parent with a kid full of hair will love you for gifting because it'll turn the post-bath chore into something possibly even pleasant?!?!
23. A collapsible laundry tote anyone who lugs their dirty duds to the laundromat or up and down stairs is sure to greatly appreciate.
24. An all-in-one printer to help them print, copy, scan, and fax documents. And then, of course, print photos so everyone can take home that amazing family holiday photo opp *right* after they pose for it.
25. A barista-approved cold brew maker — it could help them cut down on their Starbucks habit. So really, win-win.
26. And a coffee subscription delivered right to their door so they can stay deliciously caffeinated as the universe intended.
27. Dishwasher-safe spoon rests for the chef who's tired of waiting on the wash cycle for a novelty spoon rest to be ready for saucey messes once again.
28. A kitchen scale with etched measurement conversions any baker or meal prepper extraordinaire will find themselves using on the reg.
29. A heat-resistant mat for hot hair tools so they'll be able to park their hot-as-heck curling iron without leaving a path of destruction.
30. A MakeupEraser cloth to help them take off a full face without using tons of disposable cloths or ruining their nice washcloths.
31. A bidet attachment — it could be just the thing for folks you use SO MUCH TOILET PAPER you can't believe.
32. A bright (but great!) razor you can subscribe to on their behalf so they'll never be forced to use an irritating, dull blade in desperate times.
33. Disposable shaving mats — a not-so-subtle reminder that they always make a mess of the bathroom.
34. A holy grail Instant Pot to please people who love to cook or people who swear they can't even boil water.
35. Quick-dry bath towels because maybe theirs look so bad, you never want to actually dry your hands on them.
36. A spinning makeup organizer that'll help clear their vanity and keep them organized. (But really, it's mostly for your sake.)
37. A portable external battery for the person whose phone always seems to be on 10%. Or really anyone! Chargers are GREAT.
38. Incredibly resilient socks because ones with an avocado print are great and all but they'll probably appreciate some with with a lifetime guarantee considerably more.
39. And an Amazon gift card to buy the toilet paper they're too embarrassed to put on their wish list.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.