First of all, contrary to popular belief, Idaho does EXIST:
And it is NOT in the Midwest:
But it is an awesome, awesome place to live. Here’s why:
2. Because nobody, repeat, NOBODY in Idaho is afraid of anything. Not even wild gorillas:
Because this is the way most people from Idaho react to the wild gorilla threat:
Because even though most people you talk to might think of this guy when you say you’re from Idaho…
10. Because no cookie can stand up to an Albertsons cookie:
11. And no fans to Boise State fans:
13. Because it never gets old telling people, “No, IDAHO, not IOWA:”
14. And it never gets old introducing someone to fry sauce for the first time:
23. And while people might think Boise looks something like this:
29. Because there’s no feeling like driving-around-during-a-storm feeling:
…aka the “I DONT KNOW WHICH LANE I SHOULD BE IN SO I WILL BE IN ALL OF THEM” feeling.
30. Because Idaho politicians have the BEST names, like Butch Otter:
31. Barzilla Clark:
32. Robert Smylie:
33. And Mike Crapo:
(And yes, I know how it’s pronounced…but it’s much funnier this way.)
34. Because there’s nothing more entertaining than driving past fields of these and watching it like a flip-book:
35. Because for all the Idaho stereotypes aren’t true, there are some that are totally spot-on:
Like people from Idaho love drinking with their raccoons.
37. But you know the truth:
38. Because there’s nothing like taking the driving test and having to know the “rules of the road” with regard to “open-range” livestock:
41. Even when they’re breaking their own rule:
42. Because Idaho is basically the undisputed King of making it on Top 10 lists:
43. And has even been in a few video games:
44. And Idaho has even appeared in “Hey Arnold.” Can you say that, IOWA???
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.