27 Things For Anyone Getting Back Into Running Outdoors
Be running up that road. Be running up that hill.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Salomon Speedcross 4 Trails for a lightweight, highly cushioned and undeniably on-trend option for conquering dirty terrain.
2. A budget pair of waterproof earbuds that'll always stay in place (it comes with four ear-tip sizes and two wing sizes) and will probably never die on you (it has an impressive eight-hour battery life).
3. Or an investment pair of true wireless earbuds you'll want to regularly use even when you're not hitting the trails. Dollars well spent!
4. An armband for your phone so you can periodically check in on your running apps or adjust your music without compromising the mobility of your arms.
5. A pair of lightweight, ultra-soft and breathable running pants for those slightly overcast spring days.
6. A Hyperice Hypervolt cordless vibration massager to help relieve muscle stiffness and soreness after workouts.
7. A Brooks Maia sports bra for some "snug-but-comfortable" support as you get that body moving.
8. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 to protect your (acne-prone, sensitive) skin from sun damage. As a bonus: It's not's the least bit greasy and blends right into your skin.
9. A cotton windproof cap with an integrated reflector so you can stay protected against rough winds (and bad drivers).
10. A feature-loaded GPS running watch that'll measure your heart rate from your wrist.
11. A pair of moisture-wicking Veloce-fabric running shorts that'll move with you instead of against you.
12. Under Armour HOVR Infinite Running Shoes for some much-needed flexibility, cushioning, and versatility.
13. An Arc'teryx long-sleeve shirt for a perfect transitional spring piece — soft, stretchy, and moisture-managing!
14. A mini sport pouch if you'd prefer to keep your keys (and phone) out of your pockets or wrapped around your arm.
15. The perfect windbreaker tee for a layering piece that won't be too bulky or sweaty for a slightly stormy spring run.
16. A rechargeable headlight for some added visibility when you're navigating dimly lit streets or trails.
17. Or a 360-degree reflective vest that'll give you front and rear booster zones so you can be seen from all angles on your run.
18. Brooks Ghost 12s with an otherworldly system of shock absorption for a suuper smooth stride, not unlike...a ghost.
19. A textured foam roller to provide targeted pressure relief on your minor aches and pains.
22. A pair of Brooks Spartan pants with stretchy polyester fabric that'll wick sweat and create maximum breathability.
23. A cooling towel to hang around your neck after (or even during) a run so the heat wave can't keep you down.
24. A pack of low-cut athletic socks that'll offer you a host of benefits including: moisture wicking, odor resistance, and added stability.
25. A pair of high performance glasses for an ultra-light and worry-free (that they'll fall off your face) wearing experience. They're stylish enough for leisurely use, too!
26. A pair of Birkenstocks with a soft footbed to give you premium support on your recovery days.
27. And a shirt to tell the world that you "be running up that road, running up that hill, running up that building."
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.