The names of Prince George’s godparents have been released ahead of his christening later this afternoon.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that the Prince will have seven grandparents, including Prince William’s cousin, Zara Phillips.
- Zara Phillips, Prince William’s cousin (above)
- Julia Samuel, a close friend of William’s mother, Princess Diana
- Emilia Jardine-Paterson, a friend of Kate’s from Marlborough College
- Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the couple’s former private secretary (above)
- Earl Grosvenor, the son of the Duke of Westminster
- William van Cutsem, a childhood friend of William
- Oliver Baker, a friend from St. Andrews University
Prince George’s christening will take place in a private ceremony at 3 p.m. in the Chapel Royal at St. James’ Palace. The Archbishop of Canterbury will perform the service the the Most Reverend Justin Welby will be performing the christening.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be in attendance, along with Prince George’s grandparents, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Middletons, as well as Prince Harry.
Official photographs of christening won’t be released until tomorrow.