1. "Not the Mama!":
2. Wendy "The Snapple Lady" Kaufman:
4. Marky Mark:
5. "Donna Martin graduates":
Quick recap, in case you forgot (but of course you didn't): Donna was almost not allowed to graduate after getting caught drunk at prom, so her West Beverly classmates, led by goody two-shoes Brandon Walsh, protested the decision by chanting the ICONIC line "Donna Martin graduates!"
Fun fact: According to Jason Priestley, he and the rest of the cast were actually yelling "Donna Martin masturbates!" 'cause they knew the sound people would be redubbing the chanting during editing.
6. "Be kind, rewind":
7. Dancing Itos:
8. Getting 12 CDs for a penny:
10. Double Dare:
11. Screening your phone calls:
12. Star 69:
13. Dr. Kimberly Shaw rips off her wig on Melrose Place:
14. The Encyclopaedia Britannica Kid:
15. Gift certificates:
16. Pure Moods:
17. Madonna vs. Courtney Love:
18. The crackling sound of dial-up:
19. Paying for your internet by the hour:
20. "I've fallen and I can't get up!":
Long before Steve Urkel reinforced the popularity of this Life Alert phrase by quoting it on Family Matters, kids growing up in the late '80s and early '90s quoted it constantly, thanks to the Life Alert commercials that played nonstop during afternoon cartoons. Were that many old people watching cartoons back then?!
21. "Page me!":
22. Arsenio's whoop:
That iconic '90s gesture solidified Arsenio's place in the pop culture pantheon. Well, that and Coming to America.
23. Bagel Bites:
24. "The Rachel" haircut:
25. "Mentos, the Freshmaker":
26. Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley's relationship:
27. Jonathan Taylor Thomas:
28. Calling someone a poser:
29. Crystal Pepsi:
30. Mossimo as a high-end brand:
31. Drew Barrymore the wild child:
Dave Letterman was a magnet for dramz in the '90s. In '94, Madonna unleashed a spectacular smattering of curse words that put the network sensors to the test, but it was Drew Barrymore, living up to her former wild child reputation by flashing the host live on camera in 1995, who really left him speechless.
Fun fact: After she posed nude in Playboy in 1995, Steven Spielberg (who famously directed her in E.T.) sent her a gag gift, a blanket with a note saying, "Cover up."
32. Gap "Khakis Swing" commercial:
33. Pop Up Video:
34. Lorena and John Wayne Bobbitt:
In 1993, Lorena Bobbitt cut off the entire penis of her then-husband, John, alleging he had raped her. The proceeding trial for it led to a huge media circus, a million penis cutting jokes, and, of course, Halloween costumes. After the trial, John parlayed his infamy into a short-lived porn career.
35. Heroin chic:
Yes, there was actually a time were looking strung-out, half awake, and super unhappy was THE LOOK.
36. East Coast vs. West Coast:
All these years later, it's still surreal that this even happened, and that two talented artists, Biggie and 2Pac, who were at the top of their game, died.
37. Dancing Baby Cha-Cha:
The original viral GIF! It was so big it even made a cameo (somehow) on Ally McBeal.
38. Using 1-800-Collect to make a call:
39. The era of the supermodel:
Before having movie stars and celebs on the cover of fashion magazines was the norm, the space was strictly reserved for those mythical creatures known as supermodels (aka Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, and Kate Moss) – they were truly glamorous rock stars.