People Shared Single Film Shots That They Believe Are Flawless, And Honestly, They're Right
Cinematographers! Deserve! More! Credit! Always!
We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community, "What is the closest example to a perfect single shot in a film?" and their incredible answers sparked even MORE great responses! So here are even more of the most sensational seconds ever committed to film:
WARNING: Given the nature of this post, there are SPOILERS ahead for some of these films!
1. The Oz reveal shot, The Wizard of Oz (1939)
2. The Valkyrie shot, Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
3. The sneak-attack shot, Halloween (1978)
4. The parted-sea shot, Moana (2016)
5. The reunion shot, The Color Purple (1985)
6. The look-up shot, Titanic (1997)
7. The garage shot, A Star Is Born (2018)
8. The peach-fuzz shot, Parasite (2019)
9. The battle shot, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
10. The ice shot, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
11. The Land of the Dead shot, Coco (2017)
12. The dance shot, Pride and Prejudice (2005)
13. The face-reveal shot, The Dark Knight (2008)
14. The car shot, The Godfather (1972)
15. The Holdo maneuver shot, Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
16. The pool shot, The Graduate (1967)
17. And finally — the banner shot, Jurassic Park (1993)
Now it's YOUR turn! What do you believe is the single most perfect shot ever committed to film? Share yours in the comments below!
Note: Some entries have been edited for length and/or clarity.