23 Films That Would've Won The "Best Single Shot In A Motion Picture" Oscar If, Ya Know, That Was A Thing
Capturing perfection one frame at a time.
We recently asked members of our BuzzFeed Community, "What is the closest example to a perfect single shot in a film?" and their answers DID NOT disappoint. Here are just a few of the most impeccable seconds ever committed to film:
WARNING: Given the nature of this post, there are SPOILERS ahead for some of these films!
1. The not-kiss shot, Pride & Prejudice (2005)
2. The swimming shot, Moonlight (2016)
3. The staircase scene, The Truman Show (1998)
4. The hospital shot, Juno (2007)
5. The escape shot, The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
6. The car shot, Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
7. The afterlife shot, Black Panther (2018)
8. The burning shot, Midsommar (2019)
9. The rose petal shot, American Beauty (1999)
10. The bathroom shot, The Shape of Water (2017)
11. The leap of faith shot, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
12. The statues shot, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
13. The daffodils shot, Big Fish (2003)
14. The double sun shot, Star Wars (1977)
15. The bathroom shot, The Shining (1980)
16. The bridge shot, Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
17. The desks shot, Dead Poets Society (1989)
18. The police car shot, Joker (2019)
19. The dig shot, Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
20. The explosion shot, Django Unchained (2012)
21. The door shot, Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
22. The battlefield shot, Avengers: Endgame (2019)
23. And finally — the ending shot, Fight Club (1999)
Now it's YOUR turn! What do you believe is the single most perfect shot ever committed to film? Share yours in the comments below!
Some entries have been edited for length and/or clarity.