1. You become intimidated by the fact that you’re basically cutting out an entire food group.
4. But you are mildly scandalised by the concept of being allowed to eat peanut butter and bacon.
HBO / miscgifs.tumblr.com/5538500378/sexy-gifs
5. You wonder what you’re going to have for breakfast if you can’t have toast or cereal.
BBC / bbcsherlockftw.tumblr.com/45729801290
8. Everyone around you seems to be eating a croissant wrapped in a pie folded into a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.
Hasbro / tumblr.com
9. Dinners out take forever because of your complicated instructions for the waiter (“Burger, no bun, please”).
Disney / lollipop31.tumblr.com/45757603491
10. People at work think you’re weird when you take to carrying nuts and vegetables about your person, much like a squirrel.
11. After some time, as impossible as it sounds, you even grow tired of peanut butter and bacon (and meat and cheese and eggs).
HBO / reddit.com/reactiongifs/comments/1enljl/mfw_i_browse_reddit/
12. Briefly you fall into the trap of buying low-carb products in bulk, despite their exorbitant price and the fact that they smell of cat pee.
13. Then you come to your senses and go online to search for healthy low-carb recipes that actually taste good (and don’t smell like cat pee).
15. You learn to make egg-fried cauliflower ‘rice’, buttery garlic cauliflower mash, and even cauliflower ‘cous cous’.
16. Soon you’re a low-carb NINJA, whipping up courgette ‘spaghetti’, steak salads, and delicious almond bread on the regular.
17. The day you make the perfect cauliflower pizza crust is literally the best day of your life.
18. And if the pizza aficionados in your life claim that it’s “better than Domino’s,” you MAY shed a tear of pride.
Gaumont / watermelanieseeding.tumblr.com/30598226501/the-fifth-element
19. Well done, you! You have mastered the dark arts of low-carb!
FX / robotchallenger.com/45581828987/louie-fist-pump-gif
20. You’re still kind of annoying in restaurants, though.
Disney / claireabbeytaylor.tumblr.com/45920799359
Robyn Wilder is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›