3. And a colorful* new Doctor was introduced.
*Approximate dialogue for the 12th Doctor.
4. Because Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson continue to be perfect humans.
5. Because we got this excellent Star Wars blooper reel.
6. And because Jar Jar Binks finally, FINALLY died*. Vindication at last.
*Not really but we can dream the good dream.
8. Because our iPhones got upgrades, both outside and inside.
10. Because we were given Sleepy Hollow and, more importantly, Orlando Jones.
11. Because Commander Chris Hadfield blessed us with David Bowie covers FROM SPACE.
And he did a bunch of other cool stuff because he is actually the best and now we all want to grow up and be astronauts just like him.
12. Because we got as obsessed with the cult of doge as Will Graham.
13. Because Sam Claflin gave us a great reason to volunteer as tribute.
14. And Marvel unveiled a new superhero who is both a Muslim and a BAMF woman of color.
FUCK YEAH KAMALA KHAN
16. Because omfg ATTACK ON TITAN.
I’m eating a potato right now, are you eating a potato right now?
18. Because this year Misha Collins gave the world his phone number.
19. Because Captain Dad proved you’re never too old to geek out.
Check out how he took SDCC by storm here.
20. Because Shakespeare and Joss Whedon is the perfect combination.
Cryin forever about this perfect cast and all my faves being reunited.
21. And because the love between Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan was stronger than ever.
24. And felled fangirls all through out con.
THIS COULD HAVE BEEN YOU TOM HIDDLESTON COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT YOU’RE KINDA HOT.
25. Because San Francisco Batkid was the cutest thing that’s ever happened and if you disagree you’re wrong.
Even the Leader of the Free World was impressed.
26. Because the Veronica Mars movie is finally happening (and it’s all thanks to you)!!!
27. Because Castiel lost his wings (and his shirt) on Supernatural and we’re all okay with that.
Dear Supernatural producers, please spring for boxer briefs next time.
29. Because Jessica Lange terrified you into wanting to grow up and be her.
30. Because you stuffed yourself full of Cornetto.
As the trilogy and the world came to an end.
31. Because Tom Hiddleston as Loki as Captain America played by Chris Evans.
32. Because even though Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who, Dan Harmon is coming back to Community!
33. Because Spock revealed himself as a Belieber.
34. Because you didn’t know it was possible to fall even more in love with RDJ, but it was and you did.
38. Because Khan took a shower.
AND THEN THEY CUT IT FROM INTO DARKNESS.
39. Because Bill Nye was, briefly and wonderfully, The Dancing Guy
40. Because Khal Drogo came back from the dead, crashed SDCC, made out with Emilia Clarke and then she fangirled about it.
41. Because we finally get a new Playstation omg
Also the new XBox One but who gives a shit about that.
44. Because Chris Pratt blessed us with this first look at Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy.
“Six months no beer. #GOTG Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me.”
45. Because Rinko Kikuchi and her love of describing Guillermo Del Toro as a teddy bear.
Obviously the best Jaeger.
46. Because John Barrowman could not be contained by even Time Lord technology.
48. Because governments seriously began debating zombie survival strategies.
49. Because flower crowns EVERYWHERE.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️