1. He basically co-authored our entire childhood.
Spider-Man, The X-Men, The Avengers, Fantastic Four and more. Stan Lee (with Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and others) created the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe.
2. He’s been rocking the “mustache / tinted glasses / grey temples” thing for almost 40 years.
Lee in 1975
3. He’s an American patriot.
Lee served in the Army during WWII. His designation was “playwright” - one of only nine troops with that designation.
5. He’s even cut a few records in his day.
Listen to this delightfully awkward recording of Stan and the rest of the Marvel Bullpen in 1965.
6. And was doing duckface before anyone else.
7. He’s the only comics writer with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Take THAT, Robert Kirkman.
8. And the only comics writer that has fans cosplay as him.
Kid Stan FTW.
10. No, seriously. He’s a master of parkour.
16. Either way, let’s get the man an award.
17. Or at least his own cologne.
What does it smell like? A legend.
21. But through it all, he’s not afraid to show his sensitive side.
Hear the story behind this photo here.
22. And at age 91, he’s showing no signs of slowing down.
23. Happy Birthday to Stan The Man. Tweet your birthday wishes @therealstanlee.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›