1. You can brag about how much sleep you got, not about how late you were out partying.
2. You have a hard time getting worked up about Miley Cyrus.
3. Your parents start telling you all the good family secrets that you were too young to know about before.
4. Staying in to read is now something you actually look forward to.
5. You’re the last generation to remember life before the internet. CHERISH THOSE MEMORIES.
7. Your friends are your *real* friends, because you’ve whittled out everyone who’s just a phony hanger-on.
8. You drink less so you can avoid your newly intense hangovers, which means you save money.
9. And you realize that waking up the morning after *not* drinking feels AMAZING.
10. You’re glad that when you were growing up, Oreos only came in Oreo flavor.
12. You can’t wait to do nothing on the weekends. LITERALLY NOTHING AT ALL.
14. People respect you more than a 21-year-old because they assume you’ve got your act together. Even if you don’t.
16. You’ve stopped lying about having seen a certain movie or read a certain book, because who cares.
17. You start to feel confident about your ability to keep a plant — or even a PET — alive.
18. You can officially declare that you’re too old to sleep in a twin bed.
21. You realize that weddings are a really good excuse to get drunk in Adirondack chairs.
22. You barely remember parts of high school by now, and…that’s kind of GREAT.
23. You’ve gotten bolder with crushes, and just flat-out tell people when you’re into them. Most of the time, anyway.
24. When it comes to dating, you look for qualities besides “hot.”
Looks are nice, but they won’t make your relationship last on their own!
25. You can say no to bar crawls, because bar crawls ARE THE WORST.
26. You unapologetically wear what you want.
I *like* this XXL Cleveland Indians hoodie, so, deal with it.
29. You might not know exactly where your life is going, but you’ve realized that you’re the captain of your own destiny — and that’s pretty awesome.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- In 2011, the death of Mark Duggan - an unarmed black man - at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.