First of all, contrary to popular belief, Idaho does EXIST:
And it is NOT in the Midwest:
But it is an awesome, awesome place to live. Here’s why:
2. Because nobody, repeat, NOBODY in Idaho is afraid of anything. Not even wild gorillas:
Because this is the way most people from Idaho react to the wild gorilla threat:
3. Not to mention that people from Idaho are BASICALLY the only people in the country who can jump over their cars:
Because even though most people you talk to might think of this guy when you say you’re from Idaho…
4. …they should be thinking of someone like Aaron Paul, who was born in Emmet:
5. Or Harmon Killebrew, one of the best baseball players of all time:
6. Maybe even Christina Hendricks, who got her start acting in Idaho:
9. And because Ernest Hemingway took this picture of himself kicking a beer can, which he later called his favorite picture of himself, in Idaho:
10. Because no cookie can stand up to an Albertsons cookie:
11. And no fans to Boise State fans:
13. Because it never gets old telling people, “No, IDAHO, not IOWA:”
14. And it never gets old introducing someone to fry sauce for the first time:
15. Because while people out of state might think Idaho looks like this:
23. And while people might think Boise looks something like this:
27. Because you know that your state has amazing taste in music:
28. Because who needs Coachella when you have Treefort Music Festival:
29. Because there’s no feeling like driving-around-during-a-storm feeling:
…aka the “I DONT KNOW WHICH LANE I SHOULD BE IN SO I WILL BE IN ALL OF THEM” feeling.
30. Because Idaho politicians have the BEST names, like Butch Otter:
31. Barzilla Clark:
32. Robert Smylie:
33. And Mike Crapo:
(And yes, I know how it’s pronounced…but it’s much funnier this way.)
34. Because there’s nothing more entertaining than driving past fields of these and watching it like a flip-book:
35. Because for all the Idaho stereotypes aren’t true, there are some that are totally spot-on:
Like people from Idaho love drinking with their raccoons.
37. But you know the truth:
38. Because there’s nothing like taking the driving test and having to know the “rules of the road” with regard to “open-range” livestock:
39. Because Idaho signs are the truest signs in the world:
41. Even when they’re breaking their own rule:
42. Because Idaho is basically the undisputed King of making it on Top 10 lists:
43. And has even been in a few video games:
44. And Idaho has even appeared in “Hey Arnold.” Can you say that, IOWA???
45. Plus, how many states can say they had a Miss Idaho Potato 1935? Not Iowa, that’s for sure.
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.