1. When a petition called for President Obama to legally change the national anthem to “Ignition (Remix).”
“…America has changed since Francis Scott Key penned our current anthem in 1814. Since then, we have realized that after the show, it’s the afterparty, and that after the party, it’s the hotel lobby, and—perhaps most importantly—that ‘round about four, you’ve got to clear the lobby, at which point it’s strongly recommended that you take it to the room and freak somebody.”
8. When he became the only person in the world who could turn “Cookies” into something NSFW.
An important excerpt from the song:
Like an Oreo/
I love to lick the middle like an Oreo/
Turn up/ Oreo, Oreo, like an Oreo/
I want to bite it and get inside it till I get you gone
10. And the great “caption this!” moment of the night as he’s sandwiched in a conversation with these two.
11. When he literally rolled through the AMAs red carpet with a big fat cigar in tow.
12. When his sweet crooning “Genius” single was actually genius.
In an interview with VIBE, writer Keith Murphy called him a “mad genius” for penning and delivering his own “brand of rhythm and blues: devilish admittances via gospel vocals.”
Listen to the smart bedroom single here.
13. When he randomly jumped on a Justin Bieber track, proving pop culture still can’t get enough of Kelly.
Listen to all the ways he and Biebs will “PYD.”
18. When he turned four random topics into sex ballads, proving he’s still the undisputed king of freak.
In a video interview with Rolling Stone, he was asked to write four sexy songs about unsexy subjects. On the spot. And he delivered—oh, did he deliver. “With my gift, I can pretty much write a song out of anything,” he boasted.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.