18 Self-Care Hacks That People Actually Swear By
"Lying in my hammock is so relaxing and allows me to detox my mind and just let all my thoughts happen and pass."
1. Cook a fun, yummy meal for yourself.
2. Have a night in with some good friends.
3. Get some exercise.
4. Revisit some of your favorite childhood hobbies.
5. Meditate with a calming app that you like.
6. Take a nap and don't set any alarms.
7. Do a deep-clean of your house.
8. Have a hammock moment in the park.
9. Write down your thoughts and feelings.
10. Put on some music and have a sing-and-dance-a-long.
11. Watch a light-hearted TV show.
12. Change up your environment.
13. Take a bubble bath with the works.
14. Listen to a motivational podcast.
15. Get outside.
16. Pamper yourself when you can!
17. Find a spot by a window and breathe in some fresh air.
18. And if all else fails, go to Target.
For further help, here are some quick resources:
You might want to learn more about starting therapy, since pretty much everyone can benefit from talking to a professional.
You can learn more about mental disorders here.
And if you need to talk to someone immediately, the US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. A list of international suicide hotlines can be found here.