16 Extremely Inappropriate Movie And TV Moments That Never Should Have Happened
I still can't believe Glee really happened.
1. In Wedding Crashers, when Vince Vaughn's character was woken up in the middle of the night, tied to the bed, and then raped by Isla Fisher's character for comedic purposes.
2. And then Vince Vaughn's character told his friend that he was raped, but he was ignored because the assaulter was a woman.
3. In Disney Channel's Shake It Up, when one of the models joked about having an eating disorder, and then everyone laughed it off.
4. In America's Next Top Model, when they literally had a "race-swapping" photo shoot, and all the models had to portray a race other than their own.
5. In Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, when the entire ending of the movie portrayed trans people as deceitful, disgusting, and mentally unstable villains.
6. In The Devil Wears Prada, when Christian Thompson took advantage of an inebriated Andy and refused to take no for an answer several times.
7. In Glee, when Ryder revealed that his babysitter sexually abused him when he was a kid, but Sam and Artie acted like it was a cool experience that he should be proud of because the assaulter was an older woman.
8. In The Breakfast Club, when Bender hid under the table and sexually assaulted Claire in front of everyone, and then she decided to date him anyway.
9. In Friends, when they consistently made fun of Monica for being a virgin and insinuated that she was a "lonely loser" because of her weight.
10. In Revenge of the Nerds, when Lewis wore a mask and pretended to be Betty's boyfriend so he could literally trick her into having sex with him, which is literally rape.
11. In Soapdish, when Rose outed Montana as a trans person in front of millions of people on TV, and then David started gagging because he was so disgusted that he hooked up with her.
12. In Modern Family, when they continuously made stereotypical jokes about drugs, illegal immigrants, and even sex workers because Gloria was Colombian.
13. In Sixteen Candles, when Jake's girlfriend was so drunk that she was unconscious, and Brian questioned why he wasn't taking advantage of her.
14. And then Jake literally traded his drunk, unconscious girlfriend with Ted in exchange for another girl's underwear, even giving him permission to rape her.
15. In Legacies, when Lizzie made a "joke" about bulimia as a way to trash-talk Dana.
16. And in America's Next Top Model, when Kayla was literally in tears about having to kiss a random guy in a shoot because it brought back trauma from being sexually assaulted, but they basically forced her to do it anyway.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.