Although the percentage of LGBT characters on television dropped overall from previous years, lesbian and bisexual characters had quite a moment in 2013. We watched women experience first love, suffer through devastating heartbreak, and even endure a bit of pie throwing. Instead of teasing subtext, we were finally given tangible story lines.
… you couldn’t believe it actually worked.
2. When Mulan was completely friend-zoned on Once Upon A Time, the pain was real and you felt it.
4. The hoe-down scene on Pretty Little Liars happened. You had to double check, but yes — it happened.
13. When the Season 4 promo of Lost Girl aired…
16. And when 13-year-old Bullet came around on The Killing, you quickly realized she was more fearless than any adult on the show.
But you actually screamed when your prayers were answered and a movie, filled with lots of Betty Mcrae swagger, was announced.
Just like that? LIFE IS GOOD.
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨