49 Inexpensive Products You Should Treat Yourself To Because I Said So
Including a book of unusual knowledge, a box of British chocolate bars, a Harry Styles sticker sheet, and more inexpensive treats we think you should gift to yourself.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The Book of Unusual Knowledge perfect if you're someone who loves learning tons of random facts, telling your loved ones about all the cool tidbits stored in your brain, or excitedly parking yourself in front of the TV every night to watch Jeopardy!
Promising review: "My best friend is always telling me new facts about the most random things so when i saw this, I knew it had to be added to his bookshelf. And let me tell you the list of random facts keeps on coming. Yeah, yeah, I know... The Internet... but sometimes it’s nice to disconnect from technology and read a real book. Couldn’t be happier with this purchase." —Gregory
Get it from Amazon for $9.93.
2. A vanilla bean simple syrup for adding some delicious vanilla flavor to coffee, tea, cocktails, mocktails, baked goods, and well, basically everything.
3. A eucalyptus and lavender shower/bath pouch that'll help give you a spa experience right from the comfort of home. These may also help provide some relief from colds, congestions, and stress.
Eucalyptus Blooms is an Etsy shop based in Charlotte, North Carolina that sells eucalyptus and lavender shower and bath products and bouquets.
Promising review: "Not only does these enhance my shower experience, but my whole bathroom smells nice all the time!" —Edward
4. A light-up makeup mirror for making your vanity feel like it belongs to a rock star and considering that you ARE a rock star, it's only fitting you treat yourself to this.
This mirror features three magnifying panels, a button that allows your dim or brighten the lights on it, a 180 degree rotation, a tri-fold design, and comes with a USB cable.
Promising review: "This is the perfect makeup mirror. It's the perfect size to put on a table to do your makeup or eyebrows. I love it because it’s lightweight and portable. If you don’t want to use the cable included, just use four AAA batteries." —Tac
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
5. A puzzle you'll have so much fun assembling because just LOOK AT HOW FREAKING CUTE IT IS!!! You don't even have to be a dog person to appreciate how precious this is!
Badge Bomb is a small business based in Portland, Oregon that sells adorable puzzles, patches, enamel pins, stickers, magnets, socks, and more!
Get it from Badge Bomb for $20.
6. A heart-shaped waffle maker that may just make you realize that you do actually "love" mornings. Or maybe you just like eating waffles in the shape of a heart. Either way, it works!
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE my new waffle maker. I'll be honest — it is much smaller than I expected. You can carry it in one hand with ease. (It's a about the size of one hand.) But I really do love it. They turn out pretty fluffy so even though they're small, they have substance to them. Plus, how can you beat a heart waffle???" —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 .
7. A book of crossword puzzles you'll find start off easy and get tougher as you make your way through the book. By the end, you're sure to become a crossword pro!
8. A mascara to give you lashes so dramatic, no one will believe you when you tell them you bought it for less than $5 on Amazon.
Promising review: "I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long wearing. I go from an eight-hour workday right to the gym and sweat like crazy...and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!" —Carrie E Miller
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
9. A fleece tortilla blanket that'll make you feel like the inside of a warm, melty burrito in the best possible way.
Promising review: "This blanket is soft and warm. My 3-year-old will say 'make me a burrito' when she wants to be covered while laying on the couch and it's probably the cutest thing ever. The blanket is big enough for my husband who's 6'1" to cover his body and share it with me, which I was surprised about since it's round. I'd definitely buy this blanket again! The price was great, too!" —Aimer L'infini
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four sizes).
10. A set of woodland animal pencils to seriously upgrade your writing utensil game. These cuties are ready to write down anything and everything you need.
11. An assortment of Cadbury chocolates for bringing your tastebuds on a trip across the pond, without needing a plane ticket.
Comes with one Curly Wurly, one Picnic, one Twirl, one Starbar, one Crunchie, one Wispa, one Dairy Milk Caramel, one Double Decker, one Dairy Milk, and one Flake.
Promising review: "Just received several days ahead of estimated delivery which was very nice. All the chocolates/candy are very freshly dated and were protected by the packaging. The box itself was a bit dented but everything inside was perfect. I am very happy with this purchase. Several years ago, I went to a local British store and bought about $40 worth of candy for a British vs. American 'taste-off' for the kids, (we would read a book and then try to eat meals/snacks like the characters for a new experience). This was so much less expensive and I saved myself the two hour round-trip drive. Can't wait to show the kids and remind them of that taste-off picnic!" —dp
Get it from Amazon for $18.70.
12. A car diffuser to help give your vehicle a sweet scent. Am I the only one who is unreasonably excited at the thought about getting into my car and being greeted with the scent of fresh linens?
Amber & Wood Co is a woman-owned Etsy shop based in Valparaiso, Indiana that sells high-quality aromatic goods like pure soy wax candles, car diffusers, and freshening sprays.
Promising review: "I love these little car diffusers so much! They are cute and very fragrant. I got Winter Mint, Orange, and Connie Pine Cone. I may get some more for each of my girlfriends as a gift." —Allison Hutzell
13. A Book of the Month subscription that'll help take the guesswork out of picking your next read. Each month, you'll choose from a selection of great books you want delivered. If nothing strikes your interest, you can save your credit and apply it towards a future month instead.
I joined Book of the Month a few months ago because I wanted to read People We Meet on Vacation and my local library had a waitlist. I thought I'd sign up for one month and cancel my subscription right after, but I am here to say that was not the case. I'm hooked on my BOTM subscription and can't recommend it enough.
At the start of each month, they add five new books to the app. These books span all sorts of genres, include reads from new authors and returning favorites, and some even have a theme (AKA: spooky reads for Ocotber). You can choose up to three books per month. All three of your selections can be from that month's book picks or you can pick a book or two from that month's selections and choose add-on books — I've been doing this lately as I'm working on creating my own little ~home library bookshelf.~ If you don't like any of their monthly selections that is A-OK! Simply skip that month and a credit will be applied towards future months.
It's such a fun thing to treat myself to each month and makes for a perfect gift (both to yourself and to loved ones). Happy reading!
14. A phone camera lens set for making all of your Instagram followers think you you hired your very own personal professional photographer — THAT is how good this set is about to make your grid look.
Includes one 12x zoom telephoto lens with a manual focus ring, one fisheye lens, one macro lens, and one wide angle lens. Compatible with most devices!
Promising review: "I am truly amazed by the quality of these lenses. I have bought two before these, but honestly these are the best ones so far! The telephoto lens is a bit heavy, but it works really well. They all do. It arrived at a perfect time. It all came very well-packed in the box with instructions, a black little bag where I managed to fit everything it it, the telephoto lens, a fish eye lens, a wide angle lens, and a macro lens. It also came with a tripod for the phone, and it works really well. This is amazing!" —Nathalie
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in two sizes).
15. Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist, a recipe book that'll give you inspo for creative cocktails and bar bites based off of your favorite literary classics.
Promising review: "Love the recipes, and the variety: simple, complex, sweet, tart, bitter etc. The literary puns were spot-on, and I liked the idea that the drink could match both the themes at work in the story, and sometimes even the literary criticism surrounding the novel. The suggested games at the end were very funny, and the illustrations also added to the whole presentation." —Spilt Over
16. An adorab(oba)le AirPods case and keychain duo for a precious way to dress up your headphones charging case.
Boba Fairy is a small business based in Los Angeles, California that sells adorable drink carriers, plushies, and so many awesome AirPod cases!!
Promising review: "It looks exactly as pictured and it's very durable. I love it so much and so does everyone around me. I highly recommend buying this!!" —Veronica Engavo
17. A beautiful castle window decal that catches the sun and makes gorgeous rainbows. Now your home will have its own piece of Disney-level magic.
Wish Upon Magic is a small business based in Arcadia, California that sells Disney-inspired stickers, accessories, and home decor.
Promising review: "This sticker is STUNNING. I knew it would be pretty but never thought the effect would be as stunning as it is in the photos. I put it on my window at work and people stop outside my door all day long to tell me how beautiful the rainbows all over my office are. I’m obsessed and getting ready to order more!" —Maggie Sauble
18. A deck of affirmation cards for a wonderful combination of funny, inspiring, and aesthetically-pleasing cards to lift your spirits and put a smile on your face.
19. A canvas drink holder that'll help you carry around your boba tea, cold brew, iced tea, or any other chilled beverage. It'll keep your hands free from holding an icy cold cup; plus it looks super cool.
Dreamy Daisy is based in Washington, D.C. and sells handmade organic canvas bags.
Promising review: "These reusable drink holders are SO cute. They're high quality and the size is perfect. Also the packaging was very lux, so it’d make a great gift! When I asked a question, they responded the same day. Will definitely order from this company again!" —Kyra Middeleer
20. A custom cityscape ring so you can rock your favorite city — whether it's your own or a place you once traveled to — in the form of a wonderful accessory.
Caitlyn Minimalist is an Asian woman-owned small business that sells beautiful custom jewelry.
Promising review: "I’m absolutely in love with this ring. I wear it every single day. The quality is amazing and the detail in the design is so beautiful." —katiebug2325
21. A candle that'll help set the reading mood. It'll make any room you curl up in to read feel as if you're at a cozy local bookstore.
Frostbeard Studio is a couple-owned small business based in Minneapolis, Minnesota that sells soy candles and other homemade goodies book lovers will adore!
Promising review: "A repeat customer because I’m obsessed with the Bookstore candle. Added a few others to try this time, and they too are fabulous. Perfect for establishing a cozy, bookish atmosphere that’s perfect for hours of reading." —Caitie T
22. A paint-by-sticker book so you can channel your inner artist in a cool way that's significantly less messy than paint. I personally think this book should be on display in The Louvre.
Promising review: "This sticker-by-number book truly took me back to my youth of the paint by number or sand art by number (I know you millennials recall this messy art project). Doing this at the start of quarantine really got my head in a better place. Being able to just forget everything going on for a few hours to make a sticker masterpiece was really what my mental health needed. If you’re an art person as well, this book is seriously so cool. Making a sticker masterpiece of The Girl With The Pearl Earring? Iconic." —Ali Faccenda, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Amazon for $13.46.
23. Collagen essence sheet masks for a simple at-home spa treatment. I personally LOVE these — they're quick to use, you can dispose of them right after, and they're perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
The Cucumber, Green Tea, Aloe, Hyaluronate, and Aqua masks help to moisturizer and soothe skin. The Vitamin, Herb, White, Vee Benom, and Charcoal masks help to brighten and purify. The Royal Jelly, Gold, and Snail masks aim to nourish and revitalize tired and aging skin. The Q10, Platinum, and Syn-Ake masks help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. I love these so much that I wrote about 'em. Read more about these amazing collagen essence sheet masks.
Promising review: "I have extremely sensitive skin. I look at oil and break out. I am careful about how I cleanse and how I moisturize, as one misstep means weeks of recovery. I threw caution to the wind with these, and I am obsessed. I have so many of these now. I do them about five times a week. They feel great, moisturize, and smell amazing. They are delicate and lovely." —Megan D.
Get a pack of 16 from Amazon for $11.97.
24. A personalized Real Housewives wine tumbler so you can finally live out your dreams of seeing your hometown have its very own franchise — even if it's just in the form of this cup. We'll manifest it being on Bravo as you sip your favorite vino.
KC Cups is a woman-owned small business based in Kansas that sells personalized engraved tumblers.
Promising review: "I got these cuties for two of my friends who bought houses in late 2020 with their cities personalized on them. Basically no one is as obsessed with Housewives as I am, but lots of our group chats entail rehashing the latest eps (except RHOC bc, let's face it, it's awful). So when my colleague Heather Braga put this tumbler in her gifts for Bravo fans, I couldn't wait to order them. They've both received them and LOVE them. One friend cried! But a good cry." —Elizabeth Lilly, BuzzFeed Editor
25. A crystal glass butterfly bracelet you're never gonna want to take off. You and your beautiful new little butterfly bestie sure do make a trendy duo.
INDV Apparel is a small business based in Los Angeles, California that sells clothing and accessories for celebrating your individuality.
Promising review: "Arrived extremely fast and is so beautiful that I can't stop staring at it! I ended up buying another color and still want more — they're all so cute." —Tasha Reus
26. A precious mug for sipping all of your fave beverages. A glass (well... mug) half empty has never looked so cute.
27. A book tracker bookmark you can fill out as you read. Once you finish a book, all you have to do is color in one of the spines, write the book's title, and then use the bookmark for your next read.
British Book Art is a small business based in the UK that sells hand-painted pieces of your favorite book characters on book pages, as well as bookmarks and bullet journals to enhance your reading experience!
Promising review: "It is so sturdy and it is so fun writing in the names of the books I have already read this year! It took a minute to get here, but it was soooo worth it!!" —Janna Laubscher
28. A punny bath bomb that smells like lavender for a super relaxing way you can unwind in the tub.
Promising review: "Overall, this bath bomb was nice. The lavender smell is soothing and relaxing, and it left my skin feeling nice and smooth, with no residue. I have sensitive skin and I've had no issues with this bath bomb. I will say it's big and heavy so it doesn't really float, but it made the water a pretty purple color." —Megs
Get it from Amazon for $7.50.
29. A cold brew coffee maker so you can enjoy a delicious iced coffee treat without having to wait in line at the Starbucks drive-thru.
It yields about four servings of delicious coffee, features an airtight, leak-proof lid that helps to lock in freshness and flavor, a non-slip silicone handle, and fits in most refrigerator doors. Plus, it's dishwasher-safe and BPA-free. Need more convincing on this amazing coffeemaker? Check out our review of the fabulous Takeya Cold Brew Coffee Maker.
Promising review: "Delicious iced coffee! Don’t be fooled by getting an iced coffee at Starbucks and paying almost four bucks. For less than a dollar, you can brew your own cold brew coffee at home. The best part is that cold brew has 60 percent less acid then regular coffee does. So go ahead, acid reflux sufferers: Have that second cup! I used some gourmet beans from a local coffee roaster for $15 and ground them myself. The coffee was far better than Starbucks could ever dream of making. Best of all I get three days worth of coffee for around $2 worth of beans. Pretty amazing." —Robert Klaproth
Get it from Amazon for $22.20+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
30. A magnet set anyone who's a fan of Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia (aka The Golden Girls) will want to buy ASAP. Along with the magnets, you'll also receive double-sided illustrated backdrops of your favorite scenes from the show, and a 32-page book chock full of profiles, fun facts, and quotes.
31. An Animal Crossing cookie cutter so you can whip up a batch of deliciously adorable treats to snack on while playing your favorite game.
These cookie cutters are made of food-safe plastic and are free of dyes/coloring, BPA, and phthalates. They're recyclable, but not dishwasher-safe, so be sure to hand-wash after each use! Options includes Tom Nook, Isabelle, KK Slider, Marshal, Stitches, Raymond, and the ever-famous Animal Crossing leaf. If you can't decide, you can purchase all of them in a set for $35! Trinket Slot Crafts is a small business based in Los Angeles, California.
Promising review: "Just got these today and they’re adorable! I love that a sugar cookie recipe was included with the cutters. Can’t wait to make cookies with these!" —Stephanie Miranda