This year, there were a bunch of New Year's Eve specials. We had Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton's on Peacock, Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper's sober show on CNN, Don Lemon's, and more. And as with any TV special or awards show situation, there were plenty of awkward moments.
Here are some of the best:
1. Sia sang over Paris Hilton during her "Stars Are Blind" moment and kinda stole her thunder, UGH:
2. Andy Cohen said this to Nick Cannon:
3. Dolly suffered a lip sync fail during her performance of "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" with Miley:
4. People noted how consistently off-key David Byrne was during his multiple performances during Miley and Dolly's New Year's special:
5. Andy Cohen went on a rant about needing tequila, just a few days after heavy discussion of his on-air drinking...
6. ...and then shaded Ryan Seacrest, who said it was a good idea that they were staying sober this year:
7. ABC's camera operators reportedly missed the "ball drop moment," and people were mad:
8. Kevin Hart cursed on CNN and said it was "bullshit" that Andy and Anderson couldn't drink:
9. And lastly, John Stamos shaded Andy and Anderson in this awkward clip:
Which was your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Correction: An earlier version of this post included a tweet about Don Lemon, who got his ear pierced live on CNN in 2016.