1. Zilla van den Born is a 25-year-old artist from Amsterdam and she pulled off the ultimate fake vacation last year. It started with a Facebook post announcing she was headed to East Asia for two months.
3. “The inspiration for this project came from combining my two passions together: photo manipulation and traveling,” van den Born told BuzzFeed. “I wanted to prove how easily reality gets distorted.”
6. After more than a month of disguises and deception, van den Born sent her friends and family videos revealing how she faked the whole thing.
8. So van den Born decided the whole thing might have been a bad idea.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂