1. Zilla van den Born is a 25-year-old artist from Amsterdam and she pulled off the ultimate fake vacation last year. It started with a Facebook post announcing she was headed to East Asia for two months.
3. “The inspiration for this project came from combining my two passions together: photo manipulation and traveling,” van den Born told BuzzFeed. “I wanted to prove how easily reality gets distorted.”
6. After more than a month of disguises and deception, van den Born sent her friends and family videos revealing how she faked the whole thing.
8. So van den Born decided the whole thing might have been a bad idea.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀