There are some patterns you can spot amidst all the cheese: Pizza Hut continues to gleefully troll the world, KFC is WAY more fun outside the U.S., Jack in the Box understands that 90% of its customer base is stoners, and Taco Bell maintains an uncanny knack for formulating exactly which Franken-foods will cause Twitter to freak out the most.
Behold what humans worldwide leave in our greasy wake this year:
3. Subway’s Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt (U.S.)
18. Del Taco’s Bun Taco (U.S.)
(LOL). This was one of three “throwback” menu items resurrected to commemorate Del Taco’s 50th anniversary.
19. Domino’s Specialty Chicken (U.S.)
What is it? Literally just fried chicken chunks covered with cheese and other stuff. Why does it exist? We may never know.
30. Subway’s Flatizza (U.S.)
What is that, a piece of frickin’ matzoh? NOT A THING.
Thanks to Brand Eating for alerting the world to many of these creations.
A previous version of this post included a fictional milkshake which was incorrectly presented as real. I wanted to believe.
- French President François Hollande said he won't run for re-election, citing his unpopularity and likely inability to garner enough support.
- The pilot of the jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team chose to skip a refuel stop before crashing in Colombia, killing 71 people.
- Tennessee's massive wildfires have now killed 11 people and destroyed or damaged more than 700 structures.
- Spanish authorities have accused six professional tennis players of helping to fix 17 matches 🎾💰