There are some patterns you can spot amidst all the cheese: Pizza Hut continues to gleefully troll the world, KFC is WAY more fun outside the U.S., Jack in the Box understands that 90% of its customer base is stoners, and Taco Bell maintains an uncanny knack for formulating exactly which Franken-foods will cause Twitter to freak out the most.
Behold what humans worldwide leave in our greasy wake this year:
3. Subway’s Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt (U.S.)
18. Del Taco’s Bun Taco (U.S.)
(LOL). This was one of three “throwback” menu items resurrected to commemorate Del Taco’s 50th anniversary.
19. Domino’s Specialty Chicken (U.S.)
What is it? Literally just fried chicken chunks covered with cheese and other stuff. Why does it exist? We may never know.
30. Subway’s Flatizza (U.S.)
What is that, a piece of frickin’ matzoh? NOT A THING.
Thanks to Brand Eating for alerting the world to many of these creations.
A previous version of this post included a fictional milkshake which was incorrectly presented as real. I wanted to believe.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀