35 Actors Whose Onscreen Chemistry Was So Undeniable, But Their TV Characters Didn't End Up Together
"I cared about the whole world because of you."
1. Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley as Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake on The 100.
3. Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine as Haley Dunphy and Andy Bailey on Modern Family.
4. Neil Patrick Harris and Cobie Smulders as Barney Stinson and Robin Scherbatsky on How I Met Your Mother.
5. Harry Shum Jr. and Jenna Ushkowitz as Mike Chang and Tina Cohen-Chang on Glee.
6. Kirsten Vangsness and Shemar Moore as Penelope Garcia and Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds.
7. AJ Cook and Matthew Gray Gubler as Jennifer "JJ" Jareau and Dr. Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds.
8. Melissa Benoist and Katie McGrath as Kara Danvers and Lena Luthor on Supergirl.
9. Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins as Dean Winchester and Castiel on Supernatural.
10. Jennifer Aniston and Matt LeBlanc as Rachel Green and Joey Tribbiani on Friends.
11. Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen as Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter on Hannibal.
12. Hilarie Burton and Bryan Greenberg as Peyton Sawyer and Jake Jagielski on One Tree Hill.
14. Shay Mitchell and Bianca Lawson as Emily Field and Maya St. Germain on Pretty Little Liars.
15. Alexis Bledel and Matt Czuchry as Rory and Logan on Gilmore Girls.
16. Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz as Buffy and Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
17. Rose Williams and Leo Suter as Charlotte Heywood and James Stringer on Sanditon.
18. Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd as Cristina Yang and Owen Hunt on Grey's Anatomy.
19. Jesse Williams and Sarah Drew as Jackson Avery and April Kepner on Grey's Anatomy.
20. Jason Ralph and Hale Appleman as Quentin Coldwater and Eliot Waugh on The Magicians.
21. Elisabeth Moss and Max Minghella as June and Nick on The Handmaid's Tale.
22. Chloe Bennet and Gabriel Luna as Daisy Johnson and Robbie Reyes on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
23. Joseph Morgan and Candice King as Klaus Mikaelson and Caroline Forbes on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
24. Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander as Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles on Rizzoli & Isles.
25. Lindsey Morgan and Richard Harmon as Raven Reyes and John Murphy on The 100.
26. Rachel Bloom and Santino Fontana as Rebecca Bunch and Greg Serrano on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
27. Sophie Turner and Alfie Allen as Sansa Stark and Theon Greyjoy on Game of Thrones.
28. Ester Expósito and Itzan Escamilla as Carla Roson and Samuel Garcia on Elite.
29. Oliver Stark and Ryan Guzman as Evan "Buck" Buckley and Eddie Diaz on 9-1-1.
30. Morris Chestnut and Jaina Lee Ortiz as Dr. Beaumont Rosewood Jr. and Det. Annalise Villa on Rosewood.
31. Joel McHale and Alison Brie as Jeff Winger and Annie Edison on Community.
33. Leighton Meester and Penn Badgley as Blair Waldorf and Dan Humphrey on Gossip Girl.
34. Anna Chlumsky and Reid Scott as Amy Brookheimer and Dan Egan on Veep.
35. And finally, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Sherlock Holmes and John Watson on Sherlock.
We can't fit everything in one post, so what TV actors do YOU think have amazing chemistry, but their characters didn't end up together? Tell us in the comments below!
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.