We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
We asked the BuzzFeed Community for helpful products for anyone moving to their first apartment. Here are their responses!
1. A fluffy blanket you can snuggle under to warm up chilly nights on the couch.
2. A full-length mirror so you can primp to your heart's content, especially if you live with roommates or have a small bathroom mirror.
3. A shelving and storage unit that can be whatever you need it to be: a room divider, bookshelf, dresser, TV stand...the possibilities are (sort of) endless.
4. A coffee table with hidden storage for all your magazines and remotes, plus a lift-top so you can comfortably eat dinner on your couch.
5. A step stool that folds up and fits in small spaces, so you can grab something from a high shelf then store the stool away in the blink of an eye.
6. A toolkit you can reach for to assemble furniture, fix a loose screw, or double check that your wall art's actually level.
7. A shower curtain liner and shower curtain rings because you'll prooobably get sweaty moving in, and need to shower the very first day.
8. And a shower curtain cadddy to keep all your bath products organized and mildew-free *and* separate from your roommates stuff.
9. A first aid kit, some cold medicine, and other medical supplies — because when you truly need them, you probably won't have time to go get them.
10. Plenty of toilet paper so you don't have to worry about running out anytime soon.
11. A good toilet plunger because you'll want to have it on hand the very first time you encounter a clog.
12. A document folder that'll keep all of your important ~adulting~ papers in one place, so you can find them when you need 'em.
13. A motion-activated nightlight + flashlight combo that can light up your house the moment you walk in the door, and brighten your day if the power goes out.
14. A corkscrew with a bottle opener so when you get a bottle of wine or six-pack of beer without screw tops, you can actually drink it.
15. A smooth-edge can opener that won't drop the can's dirty lid into your favorite tomato soup.
16. A pre-stocked spice rack that'll make your kitchen look organized just by sitting out on your counter.
17. Command Hooks and picture-hanging strips for decking out your new pad without putting holes in the walls.
18. Non-stick skillets so you can cook the easy things like scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, sloppy joes, and tacos made with those pre-mixed seasoning packets.
19. Or a cast-iron skillet that, if you keep it seasoned, will last the rest of your life — and is the best option for searing meat.
20. If you like to cook and plan to cook for yourself a bunch: a versatile dutch oven you can use to make soups, stews, roasts, and more.
21. An ice cube tray because many apartment refrigerators won't have those handy ice-and-water stations in the doors.
22. And a filtered water pitcher that'll transform funky-tasting tap water into something that could have come out of a water bottle.
23. A Magic Bullet blender so you can enjoy single-serve smoothies in a flash and impress your friends with instant fresh salsa.
24. An Instant Pot that makes both slow cooker and pressure cooker meals, cooks rice, steams vegetables, and overall just makes dinner a LOT easier.
25. Or a basic slow cooker, like the Crockpot, for all sorts of big-batch, low-stress meals.
26. A toaster oven that'll let you cook without heating up your apartment *and* take leftover pizza to the next level.
27. Or just a simple two-slice toaster — because you're just starting out and you're not sure you really need ALL of these great kitchen appliances just yet.
28. The basic Swiffer Sweeper with wet and dry pads for an exquisitely lazy way to keep your floors sparkling clean.
29. And a handy Command strip clip that'll immediately give you a place to put your Swiffer away.
30. A decent vacuum, especially if your new space has carpet, or you plan to get a rug.
32. Magic Erasers, just in case of accidental scrapes, scratches, stains, and spills. Oops!
33. Barkeeper's Friend, for the day after your dinner boiled over and it seems like no amount of scrubbing will get your stovetop clean again.
34. And the classics, baking soda and vinegar, to take care of life's other little messes.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Responses have been edited for length and clarity. Not all products were Community submissions.