Recently, after sharing how much that "grief" line from WandaVision affected me, I asked the BuzzFeed Community to name a line from a movie or TV show that they still think about because of how emotional it made them.
People shared some super emotional scenes, and I teared up at a lot of their answers. (And then again, when I actually watched the scenes).
Here are just some of their responses:
1. In Definitely, Maybe, after she realizes her parents aren't getting back together, Maya, who was hoping for a "happy ending," runs to her dad who comforts her by saying:
2. In Doctor Who, after Amy finds out that Vincent van Gogh still took his life even after his encounter with her and the Doctor, the Doctor says:
3. In the The OA, when Prairie is trying to get Homer to remember her, she says:
4. In Dopesick, after Rick and Randy accept a deal where the Purdue Pharma executives plea to misdemeanors (and get no criminal charges), Bridget says:
5. In Labyrinth, after Jareth says, "Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave," Sarah responds:
6. In Amadeus, when fellow composer Salieri is telling a priest how frustrated he is that God gave Mozart musical talent, but not him, he says:
7. In Casper, after Casper becomes temporarily human, he slow dances with Kat and asks:
8. In Fleabag, after Fleabag feels her life spin out of control, she says:
9. In Perks of Being a Wallflower, as Charlie witnesses the unhealthy relationships around him and as he struggles with his depression, he asks his teacher, "Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date?" His teacher responds:
10. In Precious, after she finds out she's HIV positive, and her teacher encourages her to write, Precious cries out:
11. In Scrubs, after his friends judge him for trying to date the wife of a coma patient, J.D. yells at them for constantly complaining about their own relationships, ending with:
12. In Scrubs, after encountering a difficult patient, Dr. Kelso tells her:
13. In The Haunting of Hill House, when she's reunited with her family after getting lost during a blackout, young Nell says:
14. In BoJack Horseman, when Princess Carolyn is having a rough time, she says:
15. In Russian Doll, after Nadia reveals her guilt for choosing to live with Ruth instead of her mother, Ruth says:
16. In The Blacklist, after Ressler's fiancée is killed, Raymond Reddington sends him a letter that reads:
17. In Beyond the Lights, when Noni tries to describe her depression, she says:
18. In the final episode of Amphibia, after we jump 10 years in the future, Anne thinks about her past and says the final lines of the show in a voiceover:
19. And finally, in Inside Out, after Bing Bong decides to sacrifice himself so Joy can save Riley, he says:
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.