26 Products That Reviewers Say Deserve More Than 5 Stars
This anti-chafe balm will make summer more bearable, we promise.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Some washing machine cleaning tablets that clean and freshen the inside while dissolving residue because you keep your washing machine open when it's not in use yet it still smells moldy. What gives?
They're safe to use with pretty much any type of washer: HE or regular, top-loading and front-loading.
Promising review: "I've been using this product for several years now. I have two teens and a husband who's an auto technician. Boy do they get filthy! After time this grime buildup will make your washer stink bad. I don't do it every month as they say to as I don't have that type of money but when it stinks, this product is the bomb! Makes your washer smell really fresh, like brand new. If it still stinks after one tablet, pop another one in and no more stink!! Yay! I would give this 20 stars if I could. Really love this product so much so that I bought the ones for my dishwasher too!! (They work great too!)" —berja
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.98.
2. A dandruff shampoo if you'd really like to banish white flakes from your scalp ASAP. It's made with ketoconazole 1%, an antifungal ingredient that'll tell your dandruff it's no longer welcome here.
Promising review: "If I could give this product more than 5 stars then I would!! My husband has suffered from extreme dandruff/psoriasis for years to the point that he would pick constantly at his scalp. I would be able to visually see large sores and peeling skin chunks constantly no matter what shampoo/treatment he would use. This was of course a very frustrating thing for him to deal with as his favorite color to wear is black. After two shampoos he said that he absolutely noticed a difference and did not feel that he had to scratch his scalp. His sores healed within a week and now he has a clean, itch- and flake-free scalp! This stuff worked absolute wonders for us and I would recommend to anyone with slight dandruff issues to extreme psoriasis conditions!" —Tabitha C.
3. A beeswax wood polisher so you can revive your embarrassingly worn, dinged, and dented cabinets and table quick as a flash. Plus, this method is a heck of a lot cheaper than actually replacing the wood or furniture piece, and using this polish on a regular basis can actually help keep the wood hydrated so it lasts longer.
4. Or a hardwood floor polisher and restorer that'll remove scratches while leaving behind a protective scratch-resistant layer. If your floors are well-trafficked, this'll help 'em look well-loved and restore a shine so bright you could probably check your reflection with it.
5. A cuticle oil to restore your shredded nails after a damaging combination of too many gel manis and a bad habit of picking at your nails. Sweet almond oil, vitamin E, and jojoba soften the cuticle and strengthen your claws so you'll be proud to show them off.
Promising review: "Wow. If I could give more than 5 stars I would! I have been on a wild search for nail strengtheners all 27 years of my life. I’ve tried every nail product in stores and every home remedy, and my nails would peel and flake. I went from chips and peels in every nail on my hand to perfectly healthy looking nails. I wish I had known about this product sooner in my life and I will recommend to everyone I meet!!!!!!" —Kelsey
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
6. An anti-chafing balm for swiping anywhere your clothes rub. It creates a moisture-repelling layer on your skin (without ever feeling greasy!) that protects against blisters, irritation, and chafing when you're running, hiking, biking, or just trying to exist in the world as a sweaty person.
Promising review: "Let’s start out with the fact that I am 6'3, 350 pounds and work outside doing manual labor most of the time. Before I used Body Glide I would chafe all the time, anytime I had to walk more than a mile I’d say. My job typically has me walking about three miles on an easy day up to 10 miles on a long day. This stuff absolutely works. I sweat eating ice cream in January so when I tell you this stuff stays on all day you better believe it. I’ve walked eight miles in a Tyvek suit in the summer and not had any chafing issues whatsoever. Amazing product. I would give it 100 stars if I could." —Josh
Get it from Amazon for $8.
7. A silverware sorter because you cringe every time you open the drawer and see your forks, knives, and spoons spilling out of their tray.
Promising review: "YOU HAVE TO GET THIS! I wish I could give it more stars honestly. We have a small drawer for silverware and I searched for MONTHS for something that would keep it organized even in a small space. I saw this and honestly wasn’t that hopeful, but it’s inexpensive so I took the risk. Well it was worth it!!!! This thing is amazing. Keeps it all nice and organized. I’m very happy with it!" —Alissa Morrisson
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in three colors and four sizes).
8. A foot peel mask if you want before and after photos that'll make you feel a bit queasy. I mean... *insert Will Smith tada meme*.
Promising review: "If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. My feet have never really been dry but recently I have been having issues with them so I thought I would give this a try. The skin peeling off your foot is so satisfying and leaves me feeling totally refreshed. I bought two more boxes so I could give them to family!" —Madison Trujillo
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $27.95.
9. An adorable and basically tear-resistant stuffed duck so you can stop spending money on toys that your furry destroyer shreds in approximately 10 seconds. This lil' yellow duck doesn't look like it, but it's built to last.
Promising review: "This has been the only toy I purchased that withstood the test from my chewer! I have a large boxer/pit bull mix and he chews everything to pieces, but this toy has stood up to his abuse! I would give it more than 5 stars if possible and definitely recommend this to the toughest of treatment. It has been washed several times but is still holding up. Thank you!!" —jacquej
Get it from Amazon for $7.76+ (available in three styles).
Check out my colleague's Multipet Duckwork dog toy review if you need some more convincing (and some cute dog photos).
10. An anti-fungal antibacterial spray made with cooling aloe that'll treat a range of skin conditions, including allergies, cuts, hot spots, infections, rashes, and scrapes.
Promising review: "If I could give this a 6-star review, I would. My 7-year-old English bulldog has been getting yeast infections in his tail folds for a few years now and the vet always prescribed ketoconazole. That worked for a while but after a couple of years, it just kind of stopped working. I got this Curaseb in the mail last night and used it and less than 24 hours later, it has dried up almost all of the yeast and his tail no longer smells like rotten belly button!!! I am truly amazed and will be ordering this stuff from now on. Highly recommend for bully skin issues!!" —Whitney Smith
Get it from Amazon for $16.95.
11. A pack of garage door accents to give your plain garage door a true glow up. Your neighbors will think you had it replaced overnight.
It comes with two accent handles and four hinges. You can also buy window decals to zhuzh it up even more.
Promising review: "These are so realistic looking latches and handles and had great magnetic abilities. Does not affect the mechanism to raise and lower the garage door. Made my plain white garage door look like a million bucks. I would have given it 10 stars if I could have! Could not believe the price for the quality of product. Love them!" —Charlotte K. Gean
Get four hinges from Amazon for $17.99.
12. A collagen-coating hair treatment for making next-day bedhead a thing of the past. It's safe for all hair types and will revitalize a mane that's dry, damaged, and overprocessed. Waking up with frizz-free hair? Umm, yes please!
Promising review: "Brought this product after seeing it on BuzzFeed. After first use I saw an immediate difference; my dry/damaged hair felt soft and healthy. Would rate 6 stars if I could!" —Natalie
Get it from Amazon for $6.95.
Read my colleague's Elizavecca CER-100 Collagen Coating Hair Protein Treatment review (#1) to learn more about she calls it, "the miracle product I've been searching for."
13. Or a bottle of Olaplex No. 3 because your dry, damaged, bleached hair needs some extra TLC. As someone who spends four-plus hours bleaching her hair every six to eight weeks, I can 100% vouch for this miracle in a bottle.
Promising review: "If I could give this 10 stars, I would! After one use, my hair was completely different. I have dry, coarse hair, medium to thick, and in these pandemic days, it's become even more dry and damaged (because I haven't had it cut in nearly a year). I truly am dumbfounded that it worked that well in just one application. My hair is so soft and the texture is just amazing. Per the recommendation on Olaplex's website, I did leave it on for 45 minutes before rinsing. Wonderful product and smells good, too!" —Lesli
Get it from Amazon for $28.
My colleague (pictured above) also swears by this stuff. Check out her Olaplex review for more deets and some before and afters that'll make you buy this in bulk.
14. A cooktop cleaner if you'd rather your guests not know that the last time you cleaned the stove was...the last time they visited your house. This kit comes with a bottle of cleaner, a sponge, and a scraper — everything you need.
Promising review: "Very easy to use and made the stove top look brand-new. There was gunk building up around the burners we couldn't get to come up. My only bad thing I can say is I can only give it 5 stars!!! Works wonders!!! Easy to remove and use. Plus arrived ahead of original shipping date." —CSK
Get it from Amazon for $9.94.
15. A padded workout top so you get optimal support while getting active *and* a cute everyday top that = getting to skip wearing a bra.
Promising review: "I would rate this 10 stars if possible. I own every single color in size large. I wear a 34D in bras. These fit PERFECT. They are the best quality and best fit. Wear it with jeans, sweats, shorts, a cute shirt; it goes with anything. I waited to review until I bought all the colors and yeah, go buy your size. You won’t regret it." —Bre Gonseth
Get it from Amazon for $16.14+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 23 colors).
16. A citrus-scented deodorizing spray that'll make it look (and smell!) like your pet's accident just *poof* never happened.
Promising review: "This stuff is AMAZING!! I would give 10 stars if I could! I literally don't even get bothered when my cat pees on the carpet or rugs anymore. Just clean it, then spray this stuff, and it's like it never happened! Definitely will be buying again!" —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $20.97.
17. A tub of O'Keeffe's hand cream to replenish moisture in dry, cracked hands. It forms a protective layer around your hands, locking in hydration and preventing moisture from escaping.
Promising review: "Over the past month, I have purchased five of these for gifts to my fellow mail carriers and one for myself. And we all just rave on and on about how amazing it is! I wish I could rate more than 5 stars..." —Janelle Kennedy
Get it from Amazon for $6.98.
Our deep dive into O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream goes into more details, so be sure to check it out.
18. A hole repair kit for renters who want their security deposit back, as well as clumsy folks (it me!) whose walls magically have dents in them and you truly have no idea how they got there.
Promising review: "I received this in the mail five minutes ago and my worst nightmare is over! Less than three minutes and every single disastrous nail hole in my beautiful wall is gone. You squeeze the product where you want it, wipe it with the putty knife attached, and DONE! All-in-one tool...would give 100 stars if I could!" —Kimberly Moran
Get it from Amazon for $5.98.
19. A mosquito repellent that creates a 15-foot skeeter-free zone because these pesky bloodsuckers have ruined far too many camping trips.
20. A pair of compression bike shorts if you've finally realized that it's too dang hot to work out in full leggings or you're just ready to embrace bike shorts as a viable outfit option for pairing with a white T-shirt and a blazer.
Promising review: "So I am training for a half Ironman. I previously ran a half marathon and wore a different brand of shorts and got AWFUL chaffing between my thighs. I mean to the point where I still have scars over two years later. Well, there is no way I want to go through that while I train for this race. So I got a pair of these shorts with the 8-inch inseam. They fit PERFECTLY!!! The length is right above the knee and do not move a single millimeter while I run! Plus, the pockets are perfect for phones and they also don't come out when I run!! I would give these 10 stars if I could. I went back and bought two more pairs!!" —Keanan
Get them from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXXL, a variety of colors, and in multi-packs).
21. A bleach-free, no-scrub weekly shower spray so soap scum and shower grime buildup go bye bye without you ever having to wipe. Rinse it clean the next day, and you'll be amazed to see those hard water stains on your shower door are *poof* gone.
22. A hard water stain remover that'll obliterate the mineral build-up that's got your glass doors looking permanently foggy.
23. A set of two cooling pillows to save you from making hot-headed decisions... like *not* buying them. Inside is a plush gel fiber that provides the ideal level of support to back, stomach, and side sleepers. And they're machine washable as well as stain and fade resistant.
Promising review: "I’m going to start this review with WOWWW! When you first receive the pillows they are flattened, but after you take them out of the packaging they fluff up within an hour. I have neck problems due to my career. I’ve been resting on these for a couple nights and they are phenomenal. The support is amazing! I was always an extra firm gal, which these are not, but they are cool and supportive! Once you lay your head on these there is no coming back. I’d give them more stars if possible! These are literally life changing and high quality for the price!" —Missy
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in queen and king).
24. Some space-saving vacuum storage bags for shrinking down all the bulky winter sweaters and thick comforters you don't have on hangers. Then you can hide them in the closet without taking up so much space.
Promising review: "After using five of the six large bags to empty the closet of pillows, blankets, comforters, etc. I could not believe how much space I now have. I even have room now for my overflow of clothes. Once stuffed in the bags and vacuumed flat (or pretty flat), all this spare bedding now occupied just one layer in the attic shelving. I am truly amazed and would give more than 5 stars if it was possible." —LAFAYETTE
Get a variety pack of six on Amazon for $29.99.
25. A car seat gap filler, because there's nothing that'll frustrate you more than dropping your phone down the crack between your seat and the console and going, "Welp, there goes my phone forever."
You've probably seen this lil' guy on Shark Tank and in a million BuzzFeed posts because it is seriously that good.
Promising review: "I just bought this set as a fresh replacement for my previous set, which I'd had I think around six years. I can't say enough good things about the Drop Stop. I realize how valuable they are EVERY TIME I have to drive in a car that's not mine — either a rental, or even as a front seat passenger. I swear, there is some evil scientific force that just sucks my phone right down through that darn gap every single time I'm not in my own car! I always laugh and think WHY DIDN'T I REMEMBER TO TAKE THEM WITH ME?! 5 stars, all the way, and if I could give them 10, I would! Thank you to the creators of this life-saving invention, and to Lori with Shark Tank for seeing their and the product's worth." —H. L. Jones
Get two from Amazon for $24.99.
26. A waterless cat bath if you love your fur babies but hate that they sometimes smell like that pile of vomit on the sidewalk you avoided last Friday night. This leave-in foam can moisturize their skin and leave it squeaky clean while making bath time far less traumatizing for all parties involved.
Promising review: "My cat is terrified of water. Bath time is dreaded and avoided by all! I stumbled onto this product while shopping for pet products. It works as advertised. We massaged the foam into our cat's fur, allowed to air dry, and combed her fur. Her fur feels soft and clean and she smells amazing! The best part — no trauma to kitty! She didn't mind being bathed with this product. I will definitely stock up and use this every time she needs a bath. Great product! Highly highly recommend!! Would give 10 stars if I could." —Laurie S
Get it from Amazon for $7.79.