33 Products You Need If Cleaning Is The Bane Of Your Existence
A shower spray that cleans soap scum and buildup overnight — and then keeps it clean for a week — is worth celebrating.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A jetted tub cleaner, because yes, you have to clean the inside of your tub — like the inside, inside. This cleanser will quickly flush out soap scum and body oils that are gunking up your tub's jets.
2. A pack of extra durable Mr. Clean Magic Erasers that'll clean your dirty tub, crayon-stained walls, grimy stove top, and more with just water. Now your weekend cleaning session will actually be a deep clean instead of an exercise in futility because your weak cleansers aren't up to the task.
3. An eco-friendly hard water stain-remover for helping you make quick work of wiping soap scum and residue in your shower. Sanitizing your shower will take probably half the time it used to, which is great because, as we've already established, we hate cleaning.
4. A handheld vacuum to suck up pet hair like a pro when you only have a few minutes to clean. It has a special rubber nozzle that picks up fur with ease, especially on hard-to-vacuum areas like stairs. There's no bag, so simply pop off the canister when you're done vacuuming and dump the contents in the trash.
5. A portable Bissell SpotBot if you'd rather not spend hours on your hands and knees scrubbing cat vomit from the carpet with a brush. Good thing this'll clean up your messes in minutes.
6. A broom for pet hair so you spend less time unearthing trapped fur from your carpet. The rubber head works as a magnet to attract stray hairs. There's also a built-in squeegee for wiping up liquids or for cleaning glass. Plus, the handle extends so it can reach practically any mess.
7. A denture cleaner because, despite brushing your retainer each night, it's somehow coated in some weird white film. These fizzing tablets will blast away odor-causing bacteria, discoloration, and plaque from your Invisalign, retainers, dentures, night guards, and more.
8. An odor-eliminating spray that'll erase stains and stenches fast. Each spray releases bacteria that feeds on the ammonia left behind after your pet's accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
9. A pet hair remover for anyone who loves their fur baby but hates how much they shed...on everything. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
10. A Scrubbing Bubbles toilet cleaning stamp to polish your toilet without you ever having to touch a dirty toilet brush. With each flush, the stamp releases the cleaning gel, which foams and cleans your toilet.
11. A no-rinse spot remover if your usual MO is to just ignore the mess. This'll lift even the most stubborn old stain, and it doesn't require you to rinse or vacuum after you spray.
12. A bleach-free, no-scrub weekly shower spray so soap scum and shower grime buildup goes bye bye without you ever having to wipe. Rinse it clean the next day, and you'll be amazed to see those hard water stains on your shower door are *poof* gone.
13. A pack of dishwasher cleaning tablets because they clean as your machine runs — no need to spend your precious free time cleaning it by hand.
14. A fizzing toilet tablet that'll sanitize your bowl and keep it smelling fresh without you ever having to break a sweat.
15. A pumice cleaning stone for powering through tough rust, lime, and calcium streaks you have to explain to your S.O. are not poop stains — you swear! Give your tired arms a break and let this little guy scrub away discoloration with ease. This nontoxic cleaner is tough on dirt but gentle on porcelain so you can sit atop the listening throne you deserve.
16. A box of cleaning K-Cups to get rid of residue in your machine and prevent flavors from transferring in just one cycle. Or have fun descaling it multiple times. Your choice!
17. A blind cleaner brush if you don't have the time or energy to clean each blind individually. Work smarter not harder!
18. A power scrubber so you can actually be impressed for once. It's basically an electric toothbrush, but for cleaning tile grout and hard-to-reach nooks and crannies. This is gonna save you so much time and effort.
19. A beeswax wood polisher because it can revive your embarrassingly worn, dinged, and dented cabinets and table quick as a flash. Plus, this method is a heck of a lot cheaper than actually replacing the wood or furniture piece, and using this polish on a regular basis can actually help keep the wood hydrated so it lasts longer.
Promising review: "I bought this to help rehab a 20-year-old solid cherry china cabinet and hutch. Over the years, we've used various lemon oils and mineral oils in an effort to protect and mellow the natural finish of the piece, but in my experience those oil-based liquids don't last very long and don't give much protection. This stuff, on the other hand, worked almost like magic in comparison. It applied easily and gives a beautiful darkened finish to the wood. The beeswax helps to lock in the oil and (so far at least) lends decent protection against incidental spills and abuse. We've gotten a lot of compliments over the past month since I applied it, and it still looks fresh and new. Highly recommended." —J. Gitzlaff
Get it from Amazon for $8.98.