1. 13. Invader Zim: “The Most Horrible Christmas Ever”
One of the last episodes of the dearly departed Invader Zim, the episode pulls out all the stops. Zim poses as the red clad saint and convinces all of disgusting humanity that he is the real deal. Before he eliminates them once and for all, he lures them into a Christmas theme park so they can worship at his feet before he eliminates them. What happens next is bears repeated viewings.
3. 12. Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas
So you may not know that between the first and second season of the Muppet Show, Jim Henson directed a little known masterwork titled: Emmet Otter’s Jug-Time Christmas. It stars broke hillbilly otters who need to make money to buy Christmas presents. The answer? Form a jug-band! Despite the premise, this is one of Jim Henson’s more memorable works and may even be showing in a theater by you right this moment!
5. 11. Rambo: “When S.A.V.A.G.E. Stole Santa”
Sometimes Santa needs a little help. Elves and reindeer are good for certain tasks but when you need to remove a terrorist organization that is intent on ruining Christmas, you call a shirtless man who has no issue dealing with the problem….permanently.
7. 10. G.I. Joe: “Cobra C.L.A.W.S Are Coming To Town”
Despite Cobra being a international terrorist organization capable of funding their own private army, they still feel the need to steal Christmas presents. Mostly because they are jerks. Luckily, this episode ends on a happy note with the Joes triumphant. Unfortunately, the episode also features a heaping helping of Shipwreck and his annoying parrot.
9. 9. He-Man and She-Ra: “A Christmas Special”
Skeletor learns the meaning of Christmas. He gives out food and clothes to the needy. He doesn’t like it very much. He then quickly forgets every moral lesson he learned over the course of the episode. Because Skeletor is the greatest.
11. 8. The Super Mario Bros. Super Show: “Koopa Klaus”
Bad animation and Captain Lou Albano, these are a few of things that make the Super Mario Bros. Super Show a trainwreck of a joy to watch. Want to see the early 1990s at their best/worst? Then hop on the internet and find yourself a copy.
13. 7. Rocky and Bullwinkle: “”Claus and Effect or Yule… Be Sorry”
Underrated in every way, Rocky and Bullwinkle stands as one of the greatest cartoon achievements of all time. You probably won’t find another Christmas special with guns wielded quite so liberally as they are by our favorite faux-Russian terrorists.
15. 6. X-Men: “Have Yourself a Morlock Little X-Mas”
Even the strange denizens who live under NYC’s subway system deserve to have a nice Christmas. And while Wolverine may be “the best he is as what he does,” he definitely does not do Christmas. Bonus points to the ongoing kitchen fight between Jean Grey and Gambit.
17. 5. Futurama: “An XMas Story”
He knows when you are sleeping,
He knows when you’re on the can,
He’ll hunt you down and blast your ass from here to Pakistan.
You’d better not breathe, you’d better not move,
You’re better off dead, I’m telling you, dude.
Santa Claus is gunning you down!
21. 3. Batman the Animated Series: “Christmas with the Joker”
Honestly, so good you just need to watch it right this second. Joker breaks out or Arkham and tortures Batman’s friends in various ingenious Christmas related ways. Also, Batman takes some anti-depressants and learns to enjoy hot chocolate.
23. 2. Venture Bros.: “A Very Venture Christmas”
The Venture Bros. Christmas special has several Easter Egg callouts to some of the most famous Christmas episodes of all time including, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Mouse Carol and Rudolph. It also has Brock punching out Krampus
25. 1. A Star Wars Christmas Special
If you have a copy of this tape lock your doors because there is a strong chance that George Lucas is driving over to burn your copy. He has been trying to remove all traces of the truly terrible/magical Christmas special since it debuted. Wookies learn about Christmas! A Boba Fett cartoon! Try as he might, Lucas well never ever live down this debacle of a production
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.