One of my BuzzFeed coworkers wrote a review about how this clock is basically like giving the gift of sleep to parents with young children.
Promising review: "Possibly the best $25 I ever spent. Purchased for my 2.5-year-old after weeks of her waking at ~4:30am ready to start the day. We put this in her room, set it to turn green at 7a.m., and she has slept until 7 a.m. almost every day since then. She's not a great sleeper or an easy-going kid in general, but this is what worked for us:
1. Call it a present for her and unbox it with her.
2. Explain that it's a special light to help her understand when it's time to wake up so that she doesn't feel sad if she wakes up and mama says to go back to bed.
3. Remind her every night at bedtime that we won't come in her room in the morning until it's green and talk about what she should do if she wakes up before it's green.
4. Seriously, don't come in until it's green, no matter how much she whines the first morning.
5. Praise her profusely for waiting for the green light.
Now I sleep 'til 6:30, drink a cup of coffee in peace before she wakes up, and pat this ridiculous hunk of plastic on the head and call it a good boy every morning at 7:01." —Amy
Get it from Amazon for $25.99.