1. A sink caddy to keep your favorite scrubbing tools handy — without letting them sit in their own filth. This bb has a handy drip tray (with a build-in spout!) you can empty out every so often.
Promising review: "I love all OXO products and am also happy with this purchase. I place my dish sponges in this and there is enough room for a brush as well. I like also the vent insert which keeps the sponges separate. The compartment at the bottom is a great idea in the design to allow for emptying water rather than letting it pool at the bottom. It is a separate compartment which is of clear plastic and allows you to visibly see if it needs emptying. Great product. Very satisfied." —Amazon Customer
2. Ethylene gas–absorbing apples for anyone tired of fresh produce spoiling before they can use it — the company claims these'll save the average household up to $600 per year.
They can keep produce fresher for two to three times longer. Each packet inside the Bluapple lasts three months, and you can order replacement packets as needed.
Promising review: "This product works so much better than I thought it would! Worth every penny. The little ethylene gas (produce lets off this gas and it speeds up it's demise) absorbing packet goes into the apple and you just toss it in your product drawer. Easy peasy! This pack comes with two apples and enough packets to last a full year. I have had strawberries last over a week in the drawer (no fuzzy mold or squishy spots). This has resulted in less waste and I am sure that they have more than paid for themselves in food savings in just a couple of months. So glad I gave these a try." —Lisa C.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $13.99.
3. A stainless steel Sink Shroom from the makers of the cult-fave TubShroom that'll blend right in with your sink and keep *all* the pesky food remnants from clogging your drain.
That hollow black part in the middle? That's designed so the sink will still drain, even if you have a big pot blocking it!
Promising review: "As someone on a septic system, we can't have a garbage disposal. Consequently we've always lived by sink strainers. And I've tried and dealt with many different ones. But this is, far and away, the best I've even utilized. The holes are sized such that the tiny, meaningless stuff, goes through. And the design is such that even when full of gunk it still drains, and very well at that. Meanwhile, it doesn't accidentally let gunk through that might clog your drain. In the end, it's difficult to describe how great this is. Just drop the cash and check it out for yourself. You'll be glad you did." —R. Snare
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
4. And a sink cleaner and polish formulated to use on stainless steel AND porcelain sinks (plus cast iron, corian, acrylic, and more) to restore that just-like-new shine *and* protect against further damage. That new sink you've been wanting? It can wait, now.
I bought this for my white porcelain kitchen sink and I've since texted five people about it, which is really a lot for such a boring grown-up product. It cleans beautifully, but the *best* is its ability to repel stains after cleaning. You know that thing when you rinse out your coffee cup and the coffee water just lingers in your sink and you have to purposefully rinse it out for two minutes? You don't have to do that — the coffee can't stick to the sink and just goes RIGHT down the drain. Time saved, sink clean — this is really a Virgo dream product right here.
Promising review: "This amazing product saved us $1,000. This product is amazing!. We have a kitchen sink that was so stained and scratched that we were shopping around for a new one. My wife stumbled on this product and we decided to give it a try. I used my drill with a soft buffing attachment, and after about 30 minutes, the sink was like brand new!! Highly recommend this product." —Joseph Rodriguez
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
5. A roll of ~bamboo~ paper towels you can toss in the washing machine and reuse over *120 times*. They're super-absorbent and durable, but are soft enough to use on your skin, too. You can even use them on your Swiffer!
One roll of these will tackle a number of messes equivalent to 60 ROLLS of conventional paper towels.
Promising review: "I've had these bamboo towels for a month now and am incredibly impressed with their performance! They're much larger than a regular paper towel, thicker, softer and more absorbent. I've washed the first ones I've torn off the roll several times now and they DO survive the laundry and perform just as well afterward. I've only used five bamboo towels this month, washed them and re-used. Several times. I would have been through a whole roll of Brawny by now. One caveat...when you wash them, you're supposed to air dry them, so I haven't sent any through the dryer. And I haven't needed to, because allowing them to air dry has not affected the quality of the towels when I 're-roll' them!" —A. Clark
Get a roll from Amazon for $7.99.
6. A KitchenAid stand mixer bakers or mashed potato lovers will cherish for decades. Creaming butter just takes TOO LONG to do it with a hand mixer, and this machine will last for *years* (and years and years and years).
It has 10 speed settings, comes with a flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip, and you can get TONS of attachments to make the most use out of this bb. Hello homemade pasta! As someone who loves to bake, it's just necessary to have a KitchenAid IMO.
Promising review: "Oh where have you been all my life! I’ve always wanted one especially in Aqua Sky and I couldn’t pass this up at the price I received here on Wayfair. It even came in one day so I was very happy! I will be testing her out tomorrow but I’m giving 5 stars now as she is just a beauty, feels well built and I know that she will be with me for a long time according to many Kitchenaid purchasers. Okay I’m in love and sorry to my husband but I have a new love lol ! Happy Mixing!" —Karen
Get it from Wayfair for $449.99 (available in 25 colors).
7. And a KitchenAid attachment organizer that hangs right from — you guessed it — the bottom of your cabinets to free up precious drawers and keep your dough hook, paddle, and whisk attachments ready whenever the urge to bake strikes (aka every day).
Choose from either Command strips or wood screws to attach to your cabinetry (shoutout to renters who want their security deposits back).
3D Home Solution is based in Texas and makes all kinds of home organization solutions that'll make you think "Huh, why didn't I think of that?"
8. A knife sharpener with two grooves (one for coarse sharpening and one for quick touch-ups) to make your year-old knives slice like brand new.
Promising review: "I have had my set of knives for over 10 years. I was looking to replace them when someone recommended trying to sharpen them. I hated sharpening the knives with the sharpener they came with. I wanted something easy. This was it! I sharpened all my knives with it and they are like they were when I first purchased them. This knife sharpener made it quick and easy. It saved me a lot of money from purchasing a new set. If your knives are dull, give this a try. You can't beat it for the price!" —M. Bell
Get it from Amazon for $7.17 (available in three colors).
9. If you have stainless steel appliances, a must-have plant-based cleaner to remove streaks, marks, and fingerprints from all of your appliances with one wipe of the included microfiber cloth.
I recommended this to my mom to use on her stainless steel (she's a bit of a neat freak and HATES streaks) and she loves it!
Promising review: "If you have a Subzero fridge, you know the struggle is real when it comes to keeping it clean. It's a different type of stainless steel and shows all product residue. Then I found this stuff. Oh wow! A few seconds of polishing and it looks amazing!! it has never looked this good, this shiny, and this clean! Best product ever!" —Katerina
Get the set of cleanser and polish from Amazon for $15.95.
10. A roll-up over-the-sink drying rack, because I don't care how big or small your kitchen is — there NEVER seems to be enough counter space.
11. A dishwasher cleaner and disinfectant to remove limescale, rust, grease, and other nasty buildup so your machine runs more efficiently than ever — while you just sit back and relax.
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher, due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing it's job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in good housekeeping magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, per instructions, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every 6 months. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $5.89.
12. A set of 21 Rubbermaid containers with lids that snap onto the *bottom* of containers, meaning you'll never have to go on a 15-minute hunt for the right pair while your leftovers are sitting out.
The set includes five 0.5-cup, five 1.25-cup, five 2-cup, two 3-cup, two 5-cup, and two 7-cup containers, plus the lids (of course).
Promising review: "These are rated #1 and I can see why! They are microwave and dishwasher safe. I love how they stack together and that the lids fit a couple different sizes! Very sturdy and they look great! I hate dealing with container messes so much!! These have helped keep things more organized and makes it easy to find a lid or a container without losing my mind! The containers nest together, and the lids can stack on top of each other too. Locks firmly too! Yet it's easy to take the lids off. Extra bonus for me! I've already washed them, and they came out perfectly! Love these!! I bought the 42 piece set. It had enough variety in container storage and lids! I'm very happy I bought these!! I highly recommend them!" —Geo
Get a 42-piece set from Amazon for $31.90.
13. A silicone safeguard to prevent your pot from boiling over and getting pasta water all over your cooktop. Are you as TIRED of scrubbing as I am?!
A watched pot never boils, but an unwatched pot makes a huge mess. This bb is heat safe up to 482 degrees, so you can safely pee while your pasta cooks without dealing with the aftermath. You can even steam veggies right on top!
Promising review: "Love this product! It does exactly what it is designed to do. It really works, has prevented many boil overs for me. I can now make my oatmeal, pasta, or chicken broth without any worry of a messy spill-over. I no longer have to stand near the stove to watch for the boil-over point, I can do other things or get distracted while this marvelous invention takes care of whatever I am simmering or boiling. It is a great value, you get two of them and I gave one to my son who cooks. It is also easy to clean, you can pop the yellow flower off for easier cleaning." —Hey Mom
Get it from Amazon for $9.98 (also available in green and in a set of two).
14. An eight-quart programmable slow-cooker that'll save you money on gas — while making it easier to buy and prepare meals ingredients in bulk. You deserve a set-it-and-forget-it dinner after a long day, too.
You can set it to cook anywhere from 30 minutes to 18 hours, and the digital timer displays how long is left (perfect for any impatient kiddos to check on dinner). Aaaaand the crock and lid are both dishwasher safe!
Promising review: "I've been using a slow cooker for years but needed a new one quickly so I could drop off a dish for an event. Grabbed this one and never looked back. Actually got one of these for my mom as a gift, too. It's easy to set, cooks evenly and is easy to clean and to transport. I have a much more expensive slow cooker and I can't tell a bit of difference in the final product; roasts, soups, any variation of chicken. Now the real question is how long will one of these last when compared to the pricey brands...I guess we'll find out eventually but, for now, I think this is an amazing deal." —Karri
Get it from Amazon for $64.99.
15. A two-pack of *delicious* high-quality olive oils (an everyday for cooking, baking, etc. and a ~select~ for dipping and finishing), because the better your ingredients, the better your results.
I recently tried this olive oil duo from Oleamea, a small, woman-owned Turkish olive oil brand, and it is MIGHTY delicious. My go-to afternoon snack of grocery store hummus and toasted pita is now majorly upgraded with a sprinkle of za'atar seasoning mix and a hefty drizzle of the "select" oil. Am I enjoying a mezze plate at a restaurant happy hour or eating while hovering over my laptop? Guess we'll never know.
Promising review: "This olive oil is wonderful. I have used it every day since it arrived on tomatoes and mozzarella, Roasted Broccoli rabe. salads and more. I will be buying more." —1624
16. A panini press with floating lids that can perfectly grill up any size sandwich — and at a way smaller price tag than an airplane ticket to Italy...or a trip to your local deli on the regular.
And it stores vertically for compact storage in even the teeniest kitchens.
Promising review: "Freaking awesome! Who knew?! Just like the real thing, at a rock bottom price. This is one of the smartest purchases I have made in a while. This little machine works. The only thing is you have to remember to unplug. Love it. I am eating loads of veggies because of this little number, and saving money as well making my sandwiches at home." —Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in three colors).
17. A cast iron skillet that'll get job after job after job done — steaks! skillet cookies! at-home pizzas! Keep this bb seasoned (and don't let it rust!) and you won't have to ever replace it.
It's preseasoned, has excellent heat retention, and has a helper handle built in for easy carrying. Just remember that it gets (and stays) hot hot HOT when it comes out of the oven. Btw, this is our mid-price pick for best cast-iron skillet!
Promising review: "I own just about every make of cast iron out there and this is the BEST piece I have ever used. Pretty well seasoned from the factory , nice smooth cooking surface . I love the longer curved handle and oversized pour spouts ( they actually pour the liquid not spill it out of the pan). This has quickly become my favorite piece of cast iron and will be buying more." —Will
Get a 12-inch skillet from Amazon for $29.99 (available in five sizes).