People Are Sharing Online Dating Bios That Are An Immediate Turnoff, And Whew, Prepare To Take Notes
"Looking for a woman who can hold a conversation."
With quarantine life™ being a thing this past year due to the coronavirus pandemic, many people have been turning to online dating as a way to meet new people.
So, recently, redditor u/SXC365 posed what's honestly a very intriguing question: "You're online dating and read someone's bio, what’s an immediate turnoff?"
Fellow Reddit users shared examples of common bios they've encountered that — according to them — are an instant no-no. Here are the results:
2. "Having literally no personal information about themselves besides their name, age, and a half dozen emojis. Please, ma'am/sir, I would like to know who you are besides what your body looks like."
6. "'A woman who can hold a conversation.' Pretty low bar, and in my opinion, a sign they might have really negative views of women's intellect. Most people can hold a conversation once the right person comes along; usually, no conversation is just incompatibility."
8. "When they're flipping off the camera. WHY? Why are you flipping me off?"
10. "'I don't like drama.' I guarantee it's not the people around you causing the drama."
11. "'My profile is wrong. I'm actually [age].'"
"Every single time I've seen that, the profile age is older than their actual age. This means that at some point in the past, they've lied about their age for something related to a dating site. No thanks."
12. "Not a strict dealbreaker, but clichés like 'fluent in sarcasm,' 'looking for a partner in crime,' 'I like adventures and laughing with my friends,' and the like are irritating. Some originality goes a long way."
13. "Poor grammar. It probably sounds a bit petty of me, but if someone uses 'to' instead of 'too' or 'their' instead of 'there,' it's a non-starter for me."
14. "I get worried when 'honest' and 'keep it real' and 'don’t be fake' all show up in a bio. I catch a whiff of trust issues, and those can sometimes manifest in dangerous ways."
16. "Not just for dating but in general: Anyone who says in their bio: 'University of Life' or 'School of Hard Knocks.'"
What online dating bios are an immediate turnoff for you? Let us know in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.