1. Juliet as played by Claire Danes in Romeo + Juliet
Even before this movie came out, you listed Romeo and Juliet as your favorite “book” (there’s a small chance you hadn’t actually read it), so when the world’s most romantic tale became a movie, it was the most beautiful thing ever. And those angel wings. OMG.
In Austen’s words: “Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich…” Basically, all the ingredients for a perfect girl crush.
9. Hallie/Annie as played by Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap
The magic in LiLo’s role was really about your desire to be rich, travel, have a mom who was a fashion designer, wear great clothes… and discover another you, which would be really cool.
13. Sarah as played by Robin Tunney in The Craft
OK, if you and your friends became witches and had magical powers, obviously you’d be the best at them. Which is why you loved this girl. (I might also add that she was responsible for the millions of games of “light as a feather, stiff as a board” you played at sleepovers.)
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- Turkey and Israel signed a deal on Tuesday officially restoring ties between the two countries, Reuters reports.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸