1. Juliet as played by Claire Danes in Romeo + Juliet
Even before this movie came out, you listed Romeo and Juliet as your favorite “book” (there’s a small chance you hadn’t actually read it), so when the world’s most romantic tale became a movie, it was the most beautiful thing ever. And those angel wings. OMG.
In Austen’s words: “Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich…” Basically, all the ingredients for a perfect girl crush.
9. Hallie/Annie as played by Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap
The magic in LiLo’s role was really about your desire to be rich, travel, have a mom who was a fashion designer, wear great clothes… and discover another you, which would be really cool.
13. Sarah as played by Robin Tunney in The Craft
OK, if you and your friends became witches and had magical powers, obviously you’d be the best at them. Which is why you loved this girl. (I might also add that she was responsible for the millions of games of “light as a feather, stiff as a board” you played at sleepovers.)
- The March for Science is happening around the world amid perceived hostility from the Trump administration to science.
- The Justice Department sent a letter threatening to pull funding from sanctuary cities, but the cities will likely continue to resist.
- A Muslim group in Virginia will finally be allowed to build a mosque. All it took was 25 years and a federal lawsuit.
- 15,000 Afghans applied for interpreter visas. Only 1,500 visas remain. Now, with lives at risk, senators want more.