“The idea was to fuse the two things I love the most: hip-hop and the Great Masters’ works of art,” Stewart told BuzzFeed in an email. “Music has such an impact on us, I wanted to show these icons in the grandest light.”
These are his incredible interpretations:
1. Jay Z as “Young Man Holding a Skull” by Frans Hals.
2. Nas as “Portrait of a Man, Half-Length, in a Black Coat” by Frans Hals.
3. Rick Ross as “Portrait of a Man” by Frans Hals.
4. Mary J. Blige as “Portrait of a Woman” by Frans Hals.
5. Eminem as “Portrait of a Man with Hat” by Frans Hals.
6. Action Bronson as “The Laughing Cavalier” by Frans Hals.
7. Tupac as “Portrait of a Man Holding a Skull” by Frans Hals.
8. Wu-Tang Clan “Vanitas Still-Life with a Bouquet and a Skull” by Adriaen van Utrecht.
9. Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopes as “Napoleon Crossing the Alps” by Jacques-Louis David.
10. Notorious B.I.G. as “King Henry VIII” by Hans Holbein the Younger.
11. Stewart’s interpretation of MF DOOM.
12. And what ?uestlove would look like as a 17th-century portrait.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A hacker claims to have uploaded episodes from the new season of 'Orange Is The New Black' after Netflix failed to pay a ransom 💵