Dating in Hollywood is kind of like dating in a really small high school where everyone you could date has already dated one of your friends. Basically, a lot of celeb couples already have a condensed version of a "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" connection before they start dating.
Here are 14 weird and unexpected connections between celeb couples and (alleged) exes:
In 2008, Selena briefly dated Nick Jonas, and Taylor briefly dated Joe Jonas. They became friends while going on double dates.
3. Avril Lavigne is reportedly dating Tyga, who used to date Kylie Jenner. Avril used to date Kylie's half-brother, Brody. One of Tyga's other exes, Angela White (formerly known as Blac Chyna), used to date Kylie's other half-brother, Rob Kardashian.
Previously, Tyga was married to Jordan Craig for a month in 2010. Jordan is the mother of Tristan Thompson's firstborn. Tristan was in an on-and-off relationship with Kylie's half-sister, Khloé Kardashian, from 2016-2021.
Avril is also signed to the record label owned by Travis Barker, the husband of Kylie's other half-sister, Kourtney Kardashian Barker.
4. Counting Crows frontman Adam Duritz dated both Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox while they were filming Friends.
5. Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Aniston have a mutual ex-boyfriend — Tate Donovan. They actually became friends through him.
Sandra and Tate dated from 1990-1995.
Then, he and Jennifer dated from 1995-1998, breaking up right before he played her love interest on Friends.
While interviewing Jen for Interview in 2020, Sandra said, "We were introduced by our former boyfriend. I say 'our' because you and I both partook of this one human being. ... We both partook of Tate...who was a very patient human being, given that he dated us both."
6. Drew Barrymore and Gwyneth Paltrow, friends and fellow goddaughters of Steven Spielberg, both dated Luke Wilson.
7. Cameron Diaz and Kate Hudson reportedly share two exes — Alex Rodriguez and Justin Timberlake.
8. Mark-Paul Gosselaar allegedly dated all three of his female costars on Saved by the Bell, Elizabeth Berkley, Lark Voorhies, and Tiffani Thiessen. Tiffani also reportedly dated Mario Lopez.
At some point during filming, he dated Elizabeth Berkley, which he confirmed in 2019.
He also reportedly dated Lark Voorhies for three years toward the end of the show's run.
Series producer Peter Engel told ABC News that Tiffani dated Mark-Paul and Mario at different points during the show.
He said, "Everybody dated everybody else except Screech."
9. Stevie Nicks famously dated two of her Fleetwood Mac bandmates, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood.
When they joined the band in 1975, Stevie and Lindsey were already in a long-term relationship, and they'd been friends since high school. However, they ended things before the 1977 release of Rumours.
Mick remarried Jenny Boyd in 1977, but he also had a short affair with Stevie that year. He divorced Jenny the following year.
Over the next few decades, Stevie and Linsdey were in and out of the band until 2018, when he was fired.
10. Yolanda Hadid was married to David Foster, who was previously married to Linda Thompson. Linda was previously married to Caitlyn Jenner. Yolanda's son, Anwar, reportedly dated Caitlyn's daughter, Kendall.
Yolanda was married to Mohamed Hadid, the father of Anwar, Bella, and Gigi, from 1994-2000. Then, she was married to David from 2011-2017.
Previously, David was married to Linda Thompson from 1991-2005. However, before that relationship, she was married to Caitlyn Jenner from 1981-1986.
Caitlyn went on to be married to Kris Jenner from 1991-2015. Together, they had two daughters, Kendall and Kylie.
11. Joe Jonas dated both Taylor Swift and her close friend Gigi Hadid.
12. Demi Lovato dated Joe Jonas and Trace Cyrus, whose siblings, Nick and Miley, also dated.
13. Demi Lovato used to be close friends with Selena Gomez and the Jonas Brothers. During their Disney Channel days, Nick Jonas famously dated now-friends Selena and Miley Cyrus. His brother Joe dated Selena's then-BFF, Demi, and her now-BFF, Taylor Swift.
14. After Kaitlynn Carter separated from Brody Jenner, she briefly dated Miley Cyrus. Shortly after, Miley went on to date Cody Simpson, who used to date Brody's half-sister, Kylie.
In 2019, Kaitlynn and Brody announced their divorce after a year of marriage (though they were never legally married). Right after, she went on vacation with Miley, and they had a short but dramatic relationship.
Shortly after, Miley began dating Cody, who previously dated Kylie in 2011.
Miley and Cody broke up 10 months later.
15. And finally, Justin Bieber reportedly dated both Kendall Jenner and her half-sister, Kourtney Kardashian Barker. He also dated Sofia Richie, who went on to date Scott Disick, Kourtney's ex. Justin later married Kendall's close friend Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin).
Later that year, he was romantically linked to Hailey for the first time, but he ended 2016 with a brief relationship with Sofia Richie.
Finally, Justin married Hailey in 2018.