When it comes to Disney movies, the villains often have much more interesting stories to tell than the heroes do. I mean, why else would Maleficent get a sequel when the live action Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast didn't?
However, not every Disney villain is created equal. For every Maleficent, there's a Mr. Smee. As a lifelong Disney movie lover, I feel qualified to rank them from least to most powerful.
So, without further ado, here is a definitive ranking of 36 Disney villains on a scale of "A Toddler Could Beat You in a Fight" to "This Is a Job for the Avengers":
36. The Heffalumps and Woozles from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:
34. Sid from Toy Story:
33. King Candy from Wreck-It Ralph:
30. Gabby Gabby from Toy Story 4:
She gives me serious M3GAN vibes.
29. Clayton from Tarzan:
28. Mother Gothel from Tangled:
27. Lady Tremaine from Cinderella:
26. Gantu from Lilo and Stitch:
25. Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland:
24. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast:
23. Evil Queen from Snow White:
22. Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians:
21. Captain Hook from Peter Pan:
20. Prince John from Robin Hood:
19. Hans from Frozen:
18. Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove:
17. Shere Khan from The Jungle Book:
16. Scar from The Lion King:
15. Bellwether from Zootopia:
14. Syndrome from The Incredibles:
13. Mr. Toad from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad:
12. Honest John and Gideon from Pinocchio:
11. Shan Yu from Mulan:
10. Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
9. Tamatoa from Moana:
8. The Curse Dragon from Onward:
7. Jafar from Aladdin:
6. DOR-15/Doris from Meet the Robinsons:
She's basically Ultron in hat form...or an evil Remy from Ratatouille.