The Lonely Mountain is getting some company.
The first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, the second installment in the three-part prequel to The Lord of The Rings, has arrived!
After a blockbuster last winter that introduced Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, this new film now presents his Sherlock co-star Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug, a particularly irritable dragon that is quite the obstacle to the homeland-seeking dwarves led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage).
Also, there is some romance.
We won’t spoil it here with words, just priceless GIFs.
2. Here’s where the Sherlock pals meet, kind of like an episode of the show.
3. Here’s the setup…
4. Yes, you were just Oakenshielded. (That’s a word now.)
5. His timing is really great. Close range archery is not easy.
6. (Don’t tell him this, but that’s a bootleg crown for a world filled with gold.)
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."