1. Here is the trailer for the movie about WikiLeaks, directed by Bill Condon.
2. This is what the inside of the internet looks like.
Seriously, go inside your wireless modem and take a look. It is Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, casually typing away in an infinite marine-colored vortex of data and code. He is wearing short sleeves because it is hot outside and this is his personal safe space.
3. It’s like he knows the kind of meltdown he’s about to cause.
Oh, that’s Daniel Bruhl as Daniel Domscheit-Berg, the former WikiLeaks spokesperson who wrote the book on which The Fifth Estate is based.
4. You safe?
Not if you’re near any sort of electrical outlet, because this is going to short-circuit the internet, which Al Gore created after being visited by a Cumberangel years ago, who told him that this movie was its ultimate destiny.
5. Given the charges against Assange, this may not be all that sexy.
“What you want to do is try to understand him,” Condon, who directed both the Oscar-winning Dreamgirls and two Twilight movies, told HuffPost. “You’re trying to burrow deep into who those people are. In the good movies about real events, there’s never a big split between people’s personal life and what they do [as professionals]. It’s who they are that makes them do something extraordinary. So, in this case, exploring who he is really helped inform both the greatness he achieved and the mistakes he made. I think you’ll find it is certainly not — in any case, in any way — a white-wash of history or celebration of him. It’s also not an attack on him.”
6. Sure, Assange isn’t cooperating with the movie now, but what about when he sees this?
October 18 cannot come soon enough.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️