1. McDonald's originally sold hot dogs, not hamburgers.
2. The company's golden arches are recognized by more people than the Christian cross.
3. 1 in 8 Americans has been employed by a McDonald's.
4. 87,000 people recently petitioned McDonald's to add a veggie burger to their menu.
5. McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys.
6. The Egg McMuffin was modeled after eggs benedict.
7. Those fries are more complicated than they seem.
8. You can buy beer at McDonald's in Germany.
9. Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bezos, Jay Leno, Seal, DL Hughley, and Shania Twain have all worked at Mickey D's.
10. McDonald's in Colombia offers a pineapple Oreo McFlurry.
11. McDonald's feeds 68 million people per day.
12. McDonald's is not the world's largest restaurant chain. Subway is.
13. In 1968, McDonald's airlifted hamburgers to homesick U.S. Olympic Athletes in Grenoble, France.
14. Things found in McDonald's meals include used Band-Aids, a needle, a dead rat, and a chicken head.
15. The Premium Southwest Salad with Crispy Chicken has more calories and fat than the BBQ Ranch Burger.
Here's the McDonald's nutrition facts sheet if you want to ruin your day.