I can totally see the sentiment behind a lot of the answers I got.
Here's what people had to say:
1. "I think Ginger Minj or Latrice Royale would have been perfect as Ursula, especially since her design is based on Divine, the character's history is written in tandem with queer history."
4. "Angela Bassett for Storm in the X-Men series. I love me some Halle Berry but she is NOT tough enough to be Storm. Bassett woulda nailed it!!!"
5. "Possible controversial opinion: I didn’t think Halle Berry was right for the role of Sofia in John Wick 3. There’s no doubt that she’s hot and physically fit for that type of role but I didn’t buy her 'anger' or acting. Supposedly there was a back story of her working relationship with John Wick but I didn’t feel the chemistry. I’m sure people will argue that the John Wick series doesn’t rely on 'good acting' however I do think that when actors don’t have chemistry it makes the story or moment go flat. Someone said Angela Bassett would have made a better Storm in the X-Men series and I can see her as a better Sofia in John Wick 3."
6. "Lily Collins would have for sure been my first pick to play Belle in the live-action Beauty and the Beast film. Her look and vibe are perfect for it and her vocals would have no doubt been an improvement over Watson’s."
"I know she already played Snow White in Mirror Mirror, but that was non-Disney made. Totally a missed opportunity IMO!" —shazzy
7. "I don't think Jack Black was a good fit as a romantic lead opposite Kate Winslet in The Holiday, and would've loved to see his character Miles played by Ewan McGregor."
"Ewan is such a versatile actor who would’ve given a great performance as a film composer who gives Kate’s character, Iris, a fresh outlook on life and love, and he also would've had better romantic chemistry with Kate." —mavmag
8. "Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury. Rami Malek did an amazing job, but I’d still love to see a Cohen version."
9. "I wish Han Solo had been played by someone with similar height and build to Harrison Ford, like Miles Teller or Aaron Taylor-Johnson. And included more line deliveries that seemed Han Solo-ish. Alden Ehrenreich is too short and proportionally too broad-shouldered for his physicality to be right."
"Granted the film still turned out good but, Anthony Ingruber would have been great as young Han Solo in Solo: A Star Wars Story. He even played a younger version of Ford in another movie!" —PennywiseSav
10. "I would've loved to see Grant Gustin in the role of Tony in Steven Spielbergs West Side Story. I don’t think Ansel Elgort had any chemistry with Rachel Zegler, and was very underwhelmed by the forbidden love element of the film, as well as by the romantic moments that included the should’ve-been-iconic 'Tonight.'"
"I think Grant is a terrific performer who would’ve nailed every one of Tony’s musical numbers, and in addition to having better romantic chemistry with Rachel, his scenes opposite Mike Faist’s Riff would’ve been more impactful to the overall film." —capcadet