Old people are secretly the stars of Disney movies. Here are the best of the best.
10. Fairy Godmother — Cinderella
Why is she an awesome old person: She’s a solid tailor and profoundly kind. If you were having a bad day, she would make it 1000% better. She might not even need to use her magic. She’s just nice like that.
8. Georges Hautecourt — The Aristocats
Why is he an awesome old person: Georges seems to be a good-hearted chap, but he gets the edge over his client, Madame Bonfamille, because he’s unintentionally gifted at physical comedy. And his glasses are ridiculous.
7. Archimedes Q. Porter — Tarzan
Why is he an awesome old person: He just seems delightful. He’s a loving father, a devoted scientist, and look how high his pants are pulled up.
5. Yzma — The Emperor’s New Groove
Why is she an awesome old person: Yzma is evil, but man does she rock it. And she gets stuff done — aside from the whole “actually killing Kuzco” thing. Broad’s got style, and most importantly, she’s voiced by Eartha Kitt.
Oh, and she’s also a total badass.
2. Carl Fredricksen — Up
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl Fredricksen is the realest old person in the Disney cannon. He’s grumpy, he’s achey, and he clearly brings a lifetime’s worth of experiences with him wherever he goes. But he also has a heart of gold, and has plenty more life to live.
1. Merlin — The Sword in the Stone
Why is he an awesome old person: Carl may be the most truthful and moving portrayal of the elderly in a Disney movie, but the wizard Merlin would be a blast to hang out with. He’s a crazy, brilliant, time traveling wizard.
He goes on vacation in Bermuda. In the future. He is the greatest.
- The FBI will reopen its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server after discovering new emails.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀