1. The title of 10 Things I Hate About You was inspired by one of the film's screenwriters, who found a list she had made of things she hated about her high school boyfriend.
8. Brittany Murphy later revealed that she was actually a virgin who couldn't drive when she said the line, "You're a virgin who can't drive."
10. American Pie was originally called Untitled Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Most Readers Will Probably Hate But I Think You Will Love.
11. Blink-182 make a quick cameo during the internet broadcast scene between Jim and Nadia while their song "Mutt" is playing.
12. To make the The Craft feel more authentic, an actual witch, Pat Devin, was hired as a Wiccan consultant.
13. Fairuza Balk, who played Nancy, actually bought the occult store she frequented while researching the film. She owned it until 2001.
14. Several creepy things happened during filming, including sudden unpredicted downpours, flocks of crows flying out of nowhere, and the sea washing away a set after an incantation scene was filmed.
15. Robin Tunney was nearly bald when filming began and had to wear a wig. This was because she had shaved her head for her role in Empire Records.
17. In real life, Drew Barrymore was two years younger than her high school love interest, Jeremy Jordan.
19. The director, Roger Kumble, hired a porn star to appear in an establishing scene where Sebastian frolics with two naked cheerleaders.
22. Scream was partially inspired by a series of real life student murders in Gainesville, Florida in 1990.
23. The voice of Ghostface, Roger L. Jackson, was never allowed to meet the actors in real life. This was so they wouldn't associate a face with the menacing voice.
25. The iconic Ghostface mask, which was inspired by the classic Edvard Munch painting The Scream, was found in a child's bedroom while location scouting.
27. Drive Me Crazy was originally titled Next to You, but was renamed after the Britney Spears song "(You Drive Me) Crazy" was added to the soundtrack.
30. And she wrote the original screenplay of the film when she was only 10 years old, basing it around her group of friends growing up.
32. To make Darcy's whipped-cream bikini in Varsity Blues, shaving cream was used because whipped cream melted quicker.
33. Paramount was sued by The University of Toronto who claimed that they had trademarked the name "Varsity Blues" in the mid-1980s.
35. The only reason why Marilyn Manson cameoed in Jawbreaker was because Rose McGowan, who was dating him at the time, asked him to.
37. The director, Richard Linklater, gave each actor their own mixtape to help them get in character.
39. The original ending envisioned Mr McAllister and Tracy reuniting at his car dealership before she heads off to college. But this didn't test well with audiences resulting in the film's alternate ending.
40. Leonardo DiCaprio was so passionate about Romeo + Juliet that he flew to Australia to help Baz Luhrmann persuade the studio to produce it.
41. Every sign, billboard, or piece of paper featured in the movie contained a Shakespeare reference.