42 Beauty Products You Won't Regret Buying
Serums, concealers, palettes, lipsticks and so many more must-have products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Soko Glam Soft Shield Pimple Patches to blend in with any skin tone and that are gentle enough for any skin type but suck the life out of your stubborn zits like a charged-up vacuum.
These vegan and cruelty-free patches come in two different sizes, so you can count on them to cover an array of different types and sizes of pimples. It blends it *so* seamlessly — I know this because I tried it out myself! I have relatively sensitive skin and these didn't bother me at all. I was amazed by how much the little patch absorbed. I left it on over night and the next morning my pimple had very little redness and was much flatter than before using the patch.
Promising review: "I am really incredibly impressed with these. I have not had any problem with them sticking on overnight. They do a great job with the really deep acne that normally causes me problems for a week. Drained one in an hour! They are also very clear. Impressed! Especially for the price." —Michelle
Get a set of 42 patches from Soko Glam for $6.
2. BareMinerals Loose Powder Foundation with SPF 15 built into it so you can ensure your skin is protected all year long.
This was one of the very first products I ever added into my daily makeup routine — I've been using it for over a decade and likely will forever. It's very lightweight, doesn't feel cake-y at all, and is always my finishing touch to any makeup looks I put together.
Promising review: "I've been using the original foundation for years and it has NEVER disappointed. As soon as I put it on my complexion is near perfect, but still looks so natural. I get compliments on my skin when I wear it, because it really doesn't look like average, caked makeup — it looks like your skin. It's worth every penny and lasts quite a while. Give it a try! :)" —Rebecca2020
Get it from bareMinerals for $32 (available in 30 shades).
3. Peach and Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum that'll bring new meaning to "beauty rest" once you add it to your skincare routine.
I've been using this serum for months (in addition to the other products in the Glass Skin Discovery Kit). It's not super oily, feels really lightweight, and smells fantastic. It's infused with peach extract to help fill your skin with vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids to keep it looking fresher than ever.
Promising review: "I use the glass serum twice a day EVERY DAY. It brings a radiance and glow I've never found in other products; it hydrates well without becoming oily later in the day." –Nancy
Get it from Ulta for $39+ (available in two sizes).
4. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer you've likely been eyeing for months now and will be so excited to finally learn what the hype is about. Let me tell you — it'll live up to it.
5. Biossance Facial Oil made with squalane, vitamin C, and rose oil that'll brighten and hydrate all skin types — soon you'll take a glance in the mirror and discover you actually *do* look like The Diamond of the Season a la Bridgerton.
Promising review: "I have very dry and sensitive skin, for this reason I like to keep my skincare routine very basic. I’ve used this serum for the past few months and I can say I am very pleased. It has hydrated my skin and has not caused any irritation. It can be expensive, but it is definitely worth it." —Yesenia
Get it from Biossance for $72.
6. Ilia Beauty Liquid Highlighter to make it seem like you've spent the *perfect* amount of time baking in the golden sun (except we both know you haven't seen daylight in a week).
Promising review: "I'm not much of a makeup person, but saw this on Instagram and really wanted to try it. I've been mixing this every day with a very light tinted foundation and my skin now has the PRETTIEST glow. I actually get compliments when I go out which is nice. My cousin and two aunts bought a bottle after seeing my illuminated complexion. I use the color Nova, it has just a tiny touch of bronze which allows me to use it all over my face with out looking like I'm wearing makeup. Good stuff! I'm absolutely loving my glow!" —Stephanie P.
Get it from Ilia Beauty for $42 (available in three shades).
7. E.l.f Cosmetics Mint Melt Cooling Face Primer, complete with hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and a soothing gel texture you'll love because it'll keep your makeup in place while also delivering a cooling sensation — perfect for those hot summer days.
Promising review: "I have an extremely oily nose and no coverage left after a long day wearing a mask. This primer gripped my foundation so well that it stayed in place all day under my mask and I still looked flawless after a hot yoga class...with a mask...for an hour! Controls my oils too. I’m in love!" —Laurengirl
Get it from E.l.f Cosmetics for $8
8. Everyday Humans Wonder Salve that'll hydrate your pout, leave your lips looking more kissable than ever, and come jam-packed with carefully sourced ingredients.
As explained on their website, all of Everyday Humans products are formulated without parabens, sulfates, pthalates, mineral oils, artificial colors, and synthetic fragrances. I've tried this product as well and really liked how soothing it felt on my lips — not sticky at all.
Get it from Ulta for $9 (available in two flavors).
9. Ilia Beauty Liquid Powder Chromatic Eye Tint you'll surely be amazed by as it goes on as a liquid but dries as a powder, leaving you with flawless eye makeup.
10. Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Super Setter spray you can use to both secure your makeup *and* help blur your pores for up to 16 hours.
Promising review: "I have used multiple setting sprays in the past but this one is by far the best. The spray is not sticky and the mist is very fine and feels greats on my face. I would 10/10 recommend to anyone looking for a new setting spray and anyone who wants their makeup to last all day — even under a mask!" —KCris406
Get it from Sephora for $32.
11. Bread Hair Oil, for anyone hoping to add some gloss to their 3a–4c curls (shout out to Australian Kakadu plum for making it possible). It'll also make hair shinier without making it feel greasy, which is #Goals.
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman-owned business that was founded by Maeva Heim in 2020. All of their products are made to work with curls, braids, or however you want to wear your natural hair. It's particularly great for anyone with 3a-4c hair — and the packaging is all amazing.
Get it from Bread for $24.
12. Ouai Wave Spray from Jen Atkin you can quickly spritz all over your hair post-shower for an easy-to-achieve, frizz-free look.
I have naturally wavy (but frizzy) hair and after trying many products this is where I've happily landed. Ouai is the first brand I recommend to my fellow wavy-haired ladies. It's light, doesn't leave your locks feeling crunchy, doesn't have an overpowering smell, and keeps hair looking fresh. My only complaint is it doesn't come in a massive-sized bottle! Ouai also recently came out with a curl cream that I'm a huge fan of — it's lightweight and also does the trick (though the wave spray is still my favorite). In the photo above (right) I had literally thrown my head under my bathroom sink, towel dried it a bit, then added the spray and let it dry — not too shabby.
Get it from Sephora for $26.
13. Nuele Hair Serum to bring your hair back from the dead. It'll nourish your hair with argan, clary sage, jojoba, moringa, and rosemary oils *and* protect it from hot tools.
Nuele is a Black-owned, woman-run hair care company known for their ethical supply chain. They aim to make the beauty industry more eco-friendly and source ingredients from female farmers.
Promising review: "For years, I have searched for a hair product that can moisturize my hair while leaving it soft and silky. I stumbled upon Nuele hair serum and I cannot believe my luck. I use very little and I can feel the difference. Not only is this hair serum moisturizing my hair, it leaves my hair feeling soft and silky. I am relieved to have finally found the perfect hair product for my hair." —Nuele Customer
Get it from Nuele for $34.
14. Olive and June's Universal Nail Polish Bottle Handle you'll want if you love doing your own nails but are forever struggling to do your opposite hand as beautifully as your dominant one.
I've been doing my own nails for a long, long time. It always seemed smarter for me to spend money on a bottle of polish I can keep instead of a manicure that only lasts a week. It's a skill that took a while to work on but, luckily, for at-home manicurists like myself, The Poppy has made doing my nails a lot less challenging. It pops right onto any bottle of nail polish (not just Olive and June colors) and provides you with a stronger grip and a more accurate swipe.
15. Glossier Stretch Concealer will brighten up your under-eyes and your mood! It's ridiculously easy to apply and is extremely buildable so you can create as much coverage as you want with minimal effort.
Promising review: "This concealer makes me look like I got eight hours of sleep when I'm working on four. Where all other concealers have caked in the fine lines now appearing under my eyes — thanks, thirties — this stuff just glides over them and conceals them too. Total magic." —herhere
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in 12 shades).
16. Kylie Cosmetics "Mary Jo" Matte Lip Kit because, IMO, no red lip will stay on longer and stronger than one of these bad boys.
I personally have Mary Jo and can attest to the fact it's a PERFECT red lip with an everlasting formula you won't need to reapply all day. The newest iteration is vegan and cruelty-free 🥰. Honestly, I have an embarrassing number of Kylie Lip Kits — convincing everyone they need to try it *at least once* is the hill I will forever die on. I've just been so impressed with the product since day one! I wore a Kylie Lip Kit on my wedding day and it did not budge. Heck, I've worn one to every wedding or major event I've ever attended! It is THE most reliable lip product I (and you) will ever own.
Promising review: "I love, love, love the lip kit, my absolute favorite! Stays on all day, doesn't dry out your lips, it does the opposite, makes your lips look smooth and hydrated! Also makes your lips look full as if you had fillers!" —Jaxs
17. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer, featuring playful packaging and a super soft application brush that'll make incorporating it into your makeup routine a treat.
I have this and am a big fan! It's very lightweight and is a pleasure to apply thanks to the fluffy brush!
Promising review: "I will never use a different bronzer than the Hoola bronzer. I have tried just about every brand but no one makes bronzer like Benefit! I buy the original color and I find it perfect for my light skin tone. It is not orange or patchy. Hoola bronzer will forever be my favorite." —Kate
Get it from Ulta for $30 (available in four shades).
18. Peripera Ink Velvet Lip Tint will be easier than ever for you to integrate into your day-to-day makeup routine — it creates a long-lasting, weightless, buildable lip color you won't ever tire of.
BuzzFeed writer Nusrat Sultana is a big fan! She said:
"I have this in several colors and always love how it colors my lips and lasts all day without me having to reapply because of the stain effect. You don't need to worry if the color is there. If your lips feel dry, just rub some lip balm over them — the color stays! You can also build up the color for intensity or swipe it once and blot for a natural-looking gradient stain."
Promising review: "I've been looking for a good, long-lasting tint for a while now and have been disappointed nearly every single time. Most of the products would fade or go on really unevenly, causing me to have to reapply multiple times. Not these! These stay on through both food and drink (I've tested them with sandwiches, soup, soft drinks, water bottles, etc.) AND smooth over any dry areas on your lips to make them look really soft and not chapped at all. The applicator also makes it really easy to get the product exactly where you want it. I have long days from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and I usually only reapply once or twice — and even then, it's only necessary when I've been doing some hardcore stress eating. I've finally found my holy grail lip tint!" —Wendy K.
19. Winky Lux Flower Balm you'll find simply magical when it goes on clear, then blossoms into the perfect shade of pink as it combines with your natural pH level. In addition to its lovely color, it'll keep you lips feeling fresh and hydrated.
My sister and I have this fun lil' lip balm, and we love it! The flower inside is as pretty as the shade of pink it creates. I like minimal makeup, so this product has been a slam dunk for me. My lips are *always* chapped (also I tend to chew on them, so that's on me) and this has been a solid solution to keeping them hydrated and looking cute.
Promising review: "Love this! Perfect color every time! I am notorious for buying lipstick and hating it. This is perfect! And it stays put!" —Jennifer S.
20. Ilia Beauty Multi-Stick you can keep in your handbag and use for a quick touch up to your lips and cheeks — who doesn't love a product that can *truly* do it all?
Promising review: "Obsessed with this multi-stick. It is light, dewy, and buildable. This stick ranks as one of the best cosmetic products I've ever purchased. My experience with this type of product is they usually go on way too strongly, and appear harshly, which is NOT the case here. For the cheeks, it is so incredibly natural looking and you have control over how pigmented you want it to look. The sheer and fresh finish is amazing. It also works great as a lip booster. It adds a subtle pop of lip color, and feels great too." —Helena M.
Get it from Ilia for $34 (available in eight shades).
21. Ciaté London Lip Shadow starring the iconic Edna Mode you'll be able to build up into the pigment you prefer most while appreciating its lighter-than-air formula.
I'm a diehard Disney fan (a Disney adult, if you will) and was so excited when Ciaté London announced they'd be releasing a collection all about Edna Mode. I was gifted the entire set (squeeeeeeealing still!) but was the most impressed with this lip shadow. I had never tried a product like this (Ciaté London has an array of colors that aren't Disney-inspired) and right off the bat am extremely impressed. It's really easy to layer on the color and build it up so it's more pigmented, but I love that you can also go lighter with it and make it look like a subtle lip tint. It feels like air on my lips — like I don't have product on at all! This will 100% be my go-to travel lip product. You'll have a hard time convincing me that the brilliant Edna Mode didn't actually develop this herself.
Get it from Ciaté London for $20.
22. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer you wouldn't think would be "fun" to use but you'll certainly agree with me when you see how it banishes your dark under-eye circles. It even boasts a 24-hour, crease-free, waterproof coverage without looking caked-on.
The concealer is paraben-, sulfate-, and phthalate-free, as well as cruelty-free and vegan. BuzzFeed writer Elena Garcia (as seen above) knows a thing or two about why this product is great:
"I've used a bunch of different under-eye concealers (all cruelty-free, of course) to hide the disaster that lives under my big blue eyes, but none have worked nearly as amazing as It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. It gives me perfectly matte, full coverage without clumping up into the wrinkles of my eyes. It's supposedly waterproof too, but since discovering this concealer, I never cry anymore, so I can't say I've ever tested it out."
Get it from Sephora for $28 (available in 24 shades).
For Elena's full review, head to "This Concealer Totally Makes Your Under-Eye Baggage Disappear."
23. e.l.f Cosmetics Powder Blush Palette you can use to create beautiful natural looks that'll transition nicely from day to night.
BuzzFeed writer Marquaysa Battle has this palette and is a big fan! Here's what she had to say:
"So I'm all into makeup that helps me whip up a quick face without trying too hard. This blush palette helps me add a lil' flush to my face in just a couple of dabs. It's super buildable so you can go subtle the way I like to or get super glam with a deeper blush look. I also use this palette on my eyes and lips too. It's easy to use, the four colors can be layered to create a custom shade, and it lasts a LONG time. This will literally be the only blush you ever need. It's definitely one of my smartest cheap makeup grabs."
Get it from e.l.f. Cosmetics for $8.
24. Pat McGrath Lipgloss you can pair with any color to add some serious sparkle and shine — you're gonna look fabulous, darling.
Pat McGrath Labs is a Black- and woman-owned brand. Not only does she make incredibly beautiful products, but she recently became the first makeup artist to receive a damehood. Queen Elizabeth certainly does have good taste ;).
Promising review: "This is the absolutely the best lipgloss I've ever used. It lasts for about 6-7 hours before I need to reapply. It keeps my lips moisturized, and I like the sparkle. I'll definitely be trying other shades." —FawnRN
Get it from Sephora for $14 (originally $25; available in just the glitter shade).
25. Revlon Oil Absorbing Volcanic Roller you can swipe across your face to pick up any excess oil you might typically find lingering around (shiny forehead — I'm lookin' at YOU!). It'll do a way better job than those sheets you've had sitting in your makeup bag for far too long.
26. Milk Makeup Kush Lip Balm will become THE product you can't leave your home without — it'll calm and hydrate your lips thanks to its cannabis seed oil, shea butter, and moringa butter.
BuzzFeed editor Kayla Boyd is a big fan of this lip balm:
"I love this lip balm because it's ~super~ moisturizing. The 'Green Dragon' shade goes on completely clear so it also makes a great base to wear under lipstick. It's ultra comfy to wear, nonsticky, and doesn't flake. Plus, the lid is magnetic and the overall packaging is really nice quality."
Get it from Sephora for $16 (available in five shades).
27. Lovoir Winged Eyeliner Stamp if you obsess over makeup tutorials but haven't been able to nail liquid eyeliner just yet.
Promising review: "Let me start by saying this isn't my first cat-eye rodeo. I've tried the taping method, normal liquid liner, plastic winged stamping devices, stencils, all of it! Well, this gem arrived and I immediately had to try it out, all while laughing at how terrible this would probably turn out...but to my surprise I put the left cat-eye on first and it was perfect. I thought this was a fluke and did the right eye...again, it came out clean and perfect! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN ABLE TO DO A CAT-EYE IN UNDER 10 MINUTES, LET ALONE THE TWO MINUTES THIS TOOK TO DO! There were no sloppy streaks that I had to touch up or anything you would expect. Just a clean crisp line. I can now do a cat-eye EVERY day and look/feel like a badass. Everyone can think I spend hours doing my makeup in the morning." —LadyMeow
Get a set of two from Amazon for $14.97+ (available in two sizes and colors)
28. Kylie Cosmetics Princess Please Kylighter will create the luminous glow you've always dreamt of for your cheekbones — it's super easy to use and won't budge once you apply it.
I'm a diehard Kylie Cosmetics fan and their recent updates to all of their products to make sure they're cruelty-free and vegan has been a game changer. I could go on and on about how much I love pretty much every product Kylie and her team has put out, but my most recent obsession is this highlighter. I have a very pale complexion and never want to look like I've overdone it with my highlighter — that wasn't an issue at all with the Princess Kylighter. It's a nice, subtle pink but can definitely be layered for more opacity. I put it on as a finished touch to my usual makeup and loved how it added just *a bit* more glam to my look.
29. Morphe's Fall into Fabulous Artistry Palette is a must-have for anyone who wishes it was always autumn and worshiiiiips a fall foliage color scheme.
31. Stila's Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, a must-have for anyone who would appreciate a little glitz 'n' glam any day of the week. This eye shadow is shimmery, fabulous, and simple to apply.
Promising review: "For the girls who love sparkly glam looks but hate the mess it usually causes, this is for you ;) I hate trying to wear glitter shadow and it ends up everywhere lol. This product is the perfect alternative, I can get a lovely glitter eye look and it stays put. Works well on its own or layered over other shadows." —hillarynreallife
32. Glossier Ultralip will add shine and color to help you create the perfect pout every time. It comes in an array of shades, so good luck trying to decide which to try out first.
It's super buildable and is vegan and cruelty-free. BuzzFeed writer Ali Faccenda (shown above) tested this lippie and enjoyed it! She said:
"This is an amazing lip product for summer. It's hydrating and not sticky (which is, in my opinion, the worst thing about glosses). I love applying a light coat and then blending it in with my finger so it isn't too shiny but it looks great without blending too. I find that in the summertime, regular lipsticks and liquid lippies can be way too drying so this balm is the perfect hybrid between lipstick and gloss. It has a gorgeous sheen that looks natural and healthy. You can even apply it on the high points of your cheeks for some glow and a pop of color (no need for blush!)."
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in nine shades).
33. Clove + Hallow Hydratint will help you create the illusion that you're always playfully blushing at all times 😉. It's fantastic because it's a serum, so it's way easier to blend/build than a powdered option.
Clove + Hallow is a woman-owned small business based in Atlanta that was created to provide high-quality, vegan products all with 15 clean ingredients or fewer.
BuzzFeed editor Kayla Suazo says: "I loooooove this stuff. It's like this magical formula that seamlessly blends in with my skin, leaving me with a flushed look that’s the perfect amount of noticeable — not too bold, not too bright. I’ve never been one for blush or playing around with colors, so I love that this is incredibly buildable while still being natural looking. It keeps my skin hydrated, which I am forever thankful for as my cheeks tend to get dry during colder months. But it also looks amazing when used with a setting powder on humid days. And because it’s a lightweight serum, it’s incredibly easy to blend with other colors in the Hydratint line. Lastly, it’s in the cutest bottle and ya really can’t top an adorable product that gives stellar results."
Get it from Clove + Hallow for $7.60 (originally $19; available in four shades).