We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community what tips they had for being more being more green. Here are some of the most useful responses!
1. When you can, hang your clothes out on a washing line instead of using a tumble dryer.
2. If you have a little one, invest in reusable nappies.
3. Buy fresh groceries from your local shops.
4. Or if you normally drive to the shops, consider getting your food shopping delivered to your door instead.
5. Instead of using makeup wipes, use a reusable cloth to clean your face.
6. Invest in a portable metal straw.
7. And get a reusable coffee cup.
8. If you're buying clothes, try looking in second-hand shops first.
9. Or, if you're not a fan of thrifting, save up to buy higher quality, longer lasting clothes.
10. Use bars of soap and solid shampoo instead of liquids in bottles.
11. If you have periods, try switching to a reusable menstrual cup.
12. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
13. Reuse jars and plastic packaging instead of buying dedicated storage containers.
14. Where you can, cut down on meat and dairy.
15. Instead of kitchen roll and napkins, use washable cloths.
16. Put a recycling bin in your bathroom.
17. If it's safe where you live: drink tap water!
Some submissions have been edited for length or clarity.