45 Products For People Who Do The Least But Expect The Most To Try In 2021
Here's to making life a little easier in the new year.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A handheld garment steamer that works on all kinds of fabrics, because steaming is WAY easier than ironing. Gone are the days of going out in public with wrinkly clothes just because you're too lazy to pick up an iron. This is an affordable solution and will have all your clothes looking like you just paid to have them pressed at the dry cleaner's.
2. A pack of stain-removing pads to lift all the usual culprits (think pee, poop, vomit, wine) straight from your carpet with minimal effort. All you have to do is place a pad on the stain and stomp your little heart out! No, really — they're literally called Stomp-N-Go cleaning pads...
3. A splurge-worthy robot vacuum that does all the dirty work for you. With the press of a couple buttons to set its cleaning schedule, this thing'll be off and running — sucking up pesky crumbs and pet hair so you can finally walk barefoot again.
4. A self-cleaning litter box to automatically remove waste for you, which means you don't have to scoop, clean, or refill it for weeks at a time.
5. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets that make cleaning your water bottles and tumblers less of a headache. If you're the person who just "rinses out" their reusable water bottle once a month with, well, more water, your bottle is likely filled with unwanted bacteria and grime.
6. A suction cupholder, so you never have to reach too far for your favorite bevvy while taking a bath or shower.
7. A bidet because, well, why not!? The technology exists for a reason and we should all be taking advantage of it. Wiping is just one of those things that, frankly, better a machine do it than you yourself.
8. A mug warmer so you can stop using the microwave to reheat your cooled beverages, which probably just results in you burning yourself on the mug while your coffee or tea has barely risen a degree.
9. A microwave pasta cooker for perfectly al dente pasta in 15 minutes or less. If you're someone who thinks cooking pasta is still too much work, then this will be the most life-changing product you try in the new year.
10. And an attachable colander to take the strain out of straining. It works with pots, pans, and bowls of any size.
11. An egg cooker that's equipped to magically cook six hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or poached eggs in under 10 minutes. We love mindless cooking.
12. A set of smart plugs so you can simply say, "Alexa, please turn off the light," because your significant other is completely over having to get out of bed and do it every night.
13. A pair of smartphone gloves that prevent you from having to take one glove off and tuck it under your armpit just so you can successfully place your takeout order on the way home.
14. A pair of mop slippers with removable soles perfect for soaking up minor spills in the laziest way possible. If you're anything like me and the spilling of food and beverages is an hourly occurrence, you might just consider permanently gluing these to your feet.
15. A Waterpik water flosser because tearing a piece of floss and manually threading your teeth is a lot of work, especially after a long day. This is a low effort way to keep your grill in tip-top shape (and your dentist from ridiculing you!). 🦷
16. A self-watering pot and reservoir that minimizes the work involved in being a loving, caring plant parent. All you need to do is fill the reservoir and place the black planter inside — your plant baby will do the rest, taking in only as much water as it needs, when it needs it.
17. Stove counter gap covers, because the chances of you actually pulling out your stove to clean behind it are next to none.
18. A water mark removing cloth because you're always spilling drinks down the side of your nightstand (that just so happens to be a family heirloom) and you need to get it back in shape before your mother comes over next weekend and discovers your reckless ways.
19. Non-stick oven liners to catch drips and spills while you're cooking. Have you ever put a frozen pizza in your oven, only for a plume of smoke to emerge and your fire alarms beeping obnoxiously? Yeah, that's probably all the caked up food at the bottom of your oven. These make clean up SO much easier.
20. And stove burner covers that'll make cleaning just as fool-proof as it is down below. I have a reputation for stirring the stir fry a little too vigorously, so these have already been added to my cart.
21. A pack of Magic Erasers because, unfortunately, a lil' scrubbing is actually necessary from time to time. At least with these, you'll get the best possible results for each unit of effort exerted — which is more than any other cleaning tool out there.
22. A pack of Avarelle Acne Cover Patches that'll zap away zits overnight and help prevent picking, which can lead to scars or even more acne. You literally apply the patch and when you wake up the next morning, *poof* — the sebum is sucked right out.
23. An avocado slicing tool you can use to split, pit, and slice just as well as your favorite brunch place. It's easy to use and will have your homemade avo toast looking *chef's kiss* day after day.
24. A pack of reusable microfiber makeup removing cloths since you should be wiping your makeup off at night, but sometimes skip out on, because it feels like too much work. These reusable wipes are specifically designed to instantly remove all your makeup (yes, even that waterproof mascara of yours) and are appropriate for all skin types. Excuses = gone.
25. A handy folding board so you can neatly tidy up your dresser drawers and take proper care of your clothing, folding each piece in your wardrobe to a uniform size in less than five seconds.
26. A wet-to-straight hair straightener that does exactly what it sounds like, which means you no longer have to exert the effort of drying AND straightening your hair. We love a two-for-one deal.
27. An EveryPlate meal subscription to ensure you always have delicious, easy-to-prepare meals on hand. Some days, cooking is just NOT in the cards...and you're also tired of eating the same meal from the same take-out restaurant over and over again.
28. A set of lock laces to magically transform all your shoes into a pair of slip-ons. Like, seriously, think about it: leaning over to tie some knots around your feet every morning? So last century.
30. A touch-up facial razor to quickly and painlessly rid your face of any pesky, unwanted hair with ease. Whether it be around your eyebrows or on your upper lip, this little tool can make a big difference in your beauty and grooming game.
31. A self-stirring mug so you never have to annoyingly dirty a spoon just to mix your coffee with your cream.
32. Or, a handheld electric milk frother that'll make your morning coffee (whether it be hot or iced) a little extra special with literally the press of a button. Just because you're feeling lazy doesn't mean you should have to forgo your fancy coffee.
33. A foot scrubber to add to your shower routine because, let's be real, washing our feet is actually a lot of work (and low-key dangerous, like, helloooooo slippery tile!?).
34. Toaster bags for anyone who LOVES grilled cheeses but has absolutely no skill (or ambition) when it comes to properly making one.
35. A Winc subscription to guarantee at least four bottles of wine end up on your doorstep each month. All you have to do is enter your payment information and... Would you look at the time? It's wine o'clock somewhere.
36. A rechargeable hand warmer so you never have to deal with cold fingers ever again. You'll be grateful for toasty hands, and the people in your life will be grateful for you having one less thing to complain about.
37. A string of globe lights to instantly transform your bedroom into a dreamlike, romantic oasis with literally no effort. The next time you need a cheap date night idea, these lights combined with a movie and some pizza should do the trick.
38. A pair of fleece-lined leggings that you'll probably end up wearing every day this winter... and that's perfectly OK! Uniforms are easy and, most importantly, low effort. :)
39. A handy charging pad so you never have to waste minutes on end trying to find that *exact* angle for your frayed charging cord to actually work. All you have to do is set your phone down, and it'll start charging. That's it.
40. A nifty page holder designed to help you actually read, rather than exerting all your mental focus on constantly fidgeting with the book so it'll lay flat in your lap.
41. A reusable bamboo cutlery set that'll help you eat mindfully on the go and avoid unnecessary plastic consumption. BUT, it'll mostly come in handy when all your *real dishes* are dirty and you wanna procrastinate washing them just one more night.
42. A mini light because your purse or backpack is a vast, unknown world that somehow has more stuff shoved in it than Mary Poppins' magical bag. This lil' light will minimize your eye strain while you dig to the bottom searching for a stray stick of gum.
43. A jade roller and gua sha set designed to help your face absorb skincare products while also feeling just oh-so-good. With only a couple rolls across your cheekbones, you'll be looking (and feeling like) you just got a super-expensive facial treatment.
44. A pack of Goodwipes that are nothing short of a "shower in a wipe" — perfect for those days when the energy for rinsing off is just not there.
45. And dry shampoo powder for a total water-free, low-effort day of washing up. Good for your hair, even better for our planet!
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.