43 Reasons The North East Will Ruin The Rest Of England For You
It's not grim up north.
1. Because in Durham you can rent one of these boats for a tenner and paddle through a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. And afterwards you can explore one of the greatest buildings in the world, for free.
3. Because we might not get much sun, but the cold won't spoil the view.
4. Because when the sun does come out, our coastline will take your breath away.
5. And it probably won't be very crowded.
6. Because we have some of the best places for a winter's walk in the country.
7. Because the cold brings a new kind of beauty you just don't get down south.
8. Because sometimes a windy day is just what you need.
9. Because we've got more castles than you can shake a stick at.
10. And a stately home or two as well.
11. Because we have 100 miles of coastline that's a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
12. And our rivers aren't bad either.
13. Because there's a piece of history around every corner.
14. And you can take a stroll down Hadrian's Wall and peek into Scotland.
15. Because we have countless cute fishing villages to stop off at.
16. Because Lindisfarne Holy Island is one of the most magical places in the country.
17. Because its castle will take your breath away.
18. You could spend hours exploring its ruins.
19. And there would still be more to find.
20. Because we have a pub built into a cliffside.
21. Because there's no shortage of drama.
22. Because it's full of world class food.
23. Because the best fish and chips in the UK is probably in the North East.
Marshall's fish 'n' chips shop in Tynemouth, and Colman's of South Shields.
24. And there's plenty for your sweet tooth too.
Velvet Elvis Durham and Di Meo's Ice Cream Whitey Bay.