Hi all! I'm Farrah, and I guess I love writing about eyelashes? I'm someone who is low maintenance but still likes to look like it took me 45 minutes to get ready when, in reality, it's more like five. That's why I'm on a mission to see if I can achieve luscious, DRAMATIC eyelashes with a lash lift.
Here's the thing: I've had a lash lift in the past, but I was hoping for more of an OOMPH factor. My goal is to get long, dramatic lashes that even out my eyes and make me appear more alert. I want to be able to roll outta bed and be like, "I WOKE UP LIKE THIS, Y'ALL."
Another thing? I've tried lash extensions, but I didn't super enjoy them. I loved how they looked, but they were a little high maintenance for me. I have thick, stick-straight lashes that don't hold a curl, so I was hoping Blinkbar would give me a dramatic look that was a little more natural-looking than extensions that could keep my lashes long 'n' curled.
Here's a few things you should know about lash lifts before I continue to talk about my treatment:
- Eyelash lifts are basically perms for your eyelashes and last between six to eight weeks.
- You must take off ALL makeup (I mean, really clean your eyes/lashes) and wash the skin around your eyes before treatment. Not even facial lotion or sunscreen is recommended.
- If you're like me and wear contacts, you're going to NOT want to wear them to your treatment. This is because you can't be touchin' your eyes for 24 hours. So basically, bring your glasses.
- Let your technician know if you have any skin sensitivities or allergies so they can perform a test sample on you prior to treatment.
- Again, this is like a perm for your eyelashes, so that means you cannot get 'em wet for 24 hours. Use a washcloth to gently wash your face/the areas around your eyes before bed that night.
- You might see something called a keratin lash lift and wonder what makes it different than a regular lash lift. Keratin preserves the natural hair. Because the lift solution is chemical, (again, like a perm) it works to help keep it damage-free.