2. Lady-boner-bait Ed Sheeran was nominated for a Grammy AND toured with Taylor Swift.
Beat that, 1D.
3. We converted Claire Danes to the ginger side, which made this beautiful photo possible.
4. Actually, we converted a lot of people this year.
Including Rumer Willis, Irina Shayk, Michelle Trachtenberg, Dianna Agron, Demi Lovato, and Rachel McAdams.
7. Jessica Chastain graced the cover of Vogue and looked like a flawless goddess.
10. Ewan McGregor returned to our lives, like a Scottish alien of hotness, in the film August: Osage County.
Please, don’t leave us again, Ewan. My heart can’t handle it!
11. LiLo embraced her natural color this year, thereby allowing us all to breathe again.
Welcome back, LiLo. Just don’t ever betray us again. xoxo
15. Our Queen’s spawn, Liv, proved herself to be the most adorable little ginger lady ever.
Liv is a Julianne clone, and therefore we love her unconditionally.
16. Oh, and did I mention that our Queen also has a ginger son named Cal? God is good.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
18. Amy Poehler’s ginger son, Abel, turned 3, and continued to dominate the cute redhead kid market.
You are a lucky lady, Amy, and thank you for this gift to the world.
20. Christina Hendricks continued to rock the redhead cause simply by breathing and standing.
Bless you, bb. (You’re a faux redhead, but we ACCEPT YOU.)
21. Louis C.K. won a TCA Award and also graced us with his amazing presence in Blue Jasmine.
Funny redheads, UNITE!
22. Merida and Brave nabbed an Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year.
23. Joss Whedon lent his ginger hand to Much Ado About Nothing and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
24. Michael Fassbender starred in a third Steve McQueen film, 12 Years a Slave, and the oscar rumors are already swirling.
If that’s not enough, Fassbender once said this about being a redhead in an interview: “I’m a ginger, and there’s not much more fun you can get as a ginger. And I think that’s why there’s a lot of resentment toward the ginger community. We’re vikings, essentially.”
25. Conan O’Brien’s late-night show was renewed through 2015. All hail King Coco!
26. The first ever Ginger Pride walk took place in 2013.
We’re loud, we’re proud, get used to these gingers!
27. Ginger Prince Cumberbatch starred in five films this year.
Time to recognize the power of the ginge tinge, Cumberbitches.
29. A kid dressed as Harry Potter and went to Penn Station, and this tall redhead did the right thing and said he was Ron Weasley.
See the whole thing here.
30. And a real redhead prince used 2013 as a time to volunteer for the Walking with the Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge 2013 British team.
Prince Harry will trek over 200 miles across Antartica to raise money for wounded vets. So, yes, we have the better prince. (Sorry, Wills.)
31. Being Ginger, a documentary film about being a redhead male and trying to find love, debuted.
Any film about navigating love as a redhead is OK by us.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.