19 Movies With Scenes That Are Actually Really Sexist
Some of these really haven't stood the test of time.
1. The entire premise of Splash.
2. The fact that Marty's mom is sexually assaulted in Back to the Future and it goes completely unchecked.
3. The "makeover" in She's All That.
4. The kinda shitty message in The Wedding Planner.
5. The fact Elle falls for the total douchebag in The Kissing Booth.
6. The treatment of Sévérine in Skyfall.
7. The marital rape in Gone With the Wind.
8. And the rape scene in Revenge of the Nerds.
9. The fact that a pretty dull male character was the lead in Ant-Man despite the female character being way more interesting.
10. In fact, the treatment of women in superhero movies generally is sexist AF.
11. The fuckery in Passengers.
12. All the times Andy in The Devil Wears Prada was referred to by her dress size rather than her name.
13. This scene in Animal House.
15. The way The Age of Adaline played into the trope of "women just playing hard to get."
16. The treatment of Tess in Ocean's Eleven.
17. And the depiction of the lead woman character in Jurassic World.
18. The fact that the only impetus for Elle Woods going to law school is to win her ex-boyfriend back.
19. And, finally, everything about Shallow Hal.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.